My Christmas Gift To All . . . .

  • Thread starter Thread starter tabcom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now that you said all that, take a deep breath, relax, and reread my post . . . I stated that ‘This week is an excellent opportunity to tell relatives and friends . . .the significance of not only Jesus’ birth, but His death and resurrection.'
i do… and i do not limit it to just the holidays… i tell people all year long.
 
I do apologize for taking poetic license on the holiday spirit of giving presents. It was not ment to offend.

The secular world wants nothing to do with repentance during the Holiday Season. Like Paul, I am not ashame to preach the gospel in season or out of season.


**2Tim 4:2 **
preach the word; be ready in season {and} out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
Since the 4 weeks leading up to Christmas are traditionally devoted to meditation on the four last things: death, judgment, Hell and Heaven, it is pretty hard for Catholics to avoid the subject of repentance in the lead-up to the main Feast. Catholics are especially encouraged to come to the Sacrament of Confession during this season of preparation, and repentance is the number one ingredient in an good Confession.

That passage from Matthew 16 is only one of the places in Scripture where Jesus entrusts is mercy into the hands of the Church. I wish you could experience the joy and peace of Christ’s coming to you in this most tangible way.
 
I can’t help pointing out to you that once again you have put your foot in it. 😃 This comment, which you think ought to mollify Catholic sensibilities has only poured fuel on the fire.

Think about it. What would you say if people asssumed that YOUR loved ones needed to be preached to because WE say so? What you’re telling us is that our loved ones need YOUR particular brand of preaching and that we need to offer it to ensure that they “get the message” this Christmas.

The presumption and arrogance are astonishing! LOL! Although, I’m sure you are being entirely earnest, your approach is less than ecumenical, but rather assumes we NEED to hear this from you in order to “get it.”

Well, maybe some of us do, maybe I do, but we do have our own pastors and the Bible and our Catechism and writings from 2000 years of Christianity to help us, apart from the 7 sacraments established by Christ himself. We’re not lacking in resources.

Christmas blessings to you and yours. 🙂
Hi,

My family and friends need to be preached to:thumbsup: Dare I say some of them are catholic but in name only.😦 Some are protestants and some are atheists.😦
 
**Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repent - Metanoeo (met-an-o-eh’-o) - to turn and think differently.
Baptized - Baptizo (bap-tid’-zo) - to cover in a stain or a dye.
Name - Onoma (on’-om-ah) - Authority
Remission - Aphesis (af’-es-is) - release from bondage
Sins - Hamartia (ham-ar-tee’-ah) - to miss the mark
Holy - Hagios (hag’-ee-os) - to set apart
Spirit - Pneuma (pnyoo’-mah) - breathe or spirit

tabcom
T. A. Bush’s COMputer**
Hi,

Thanks Tabcom:D
Since I have the gift you are speaking of, I will try to be more mindful of passing it along.😃 👍
 
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repent - Metanoeo (met-an-o-eh’-o) - to turn and think differently.
Baptized - Baptizo (bap-tid’-zo) - to cover in a stain or a dye.
Name - Onoma (on’-om-ah) - Authority
Remission - Aphesis (af’-es-is) - release from bondage
Sins - Hamartia (ham-ar-tee’-ah) - to miss the mark
Holy - Hagios (hag’-ee-os) - to set apart
Spirit - Pneuma (pnyoo’-mah) - breathe or spirit

tabcom
T. A. Bush’s COMputer
++ Thank you for your kind intentions, which are duly noted 🙂 ++
 
My preference for blue font in bold is due to the calibration of my monitor. Also it is far easier for me to scan prior post. When I first started posting, I selected red\bold. It was suggested that it denoted hostility. Thereafter, I changed to blue.

For the life of me I don’t understand your resentment towards me. I’ve cited two verses from the bible and you accuse me of calling down people?

I must say, your hostility is duely noted.
You believe it is a gift to quote scripture, based upon your own private interpretation of the passage and to denigrate the Sacraments (post #4)? You accuse me of hostility. What is more hostile than a guest at a Catholic forum referring to our holy Sacrament of Baptism as a “water ritual”? You have a certain standard you are obligated to maintain as our guest. Refraining from mocking our Sacraments is one of those obligations.
 
**I stopped doing Christmas six years ago because I got tired of handing out free forgiveness to relatives and friends that are only interested in feeding their own bellies with their personal desires. **
I’m sure glad Jesus hasn’t stopped “doing Christmas” or “handing out free forgiveness.” Whew! You just brought me my first Christmas gift: not what you thought it would be but something I need: remembering that this is the season of deep forgiveness – “free.” And it starts with me.
 
Tabcom,
I received the gift of Spirit and repentance eastereve 2005 from our Lord, but thanks for the thought. Have a Merry Christmas. Tim
 
You believe it is a gift to quote scripture, based upon your own private interpretation of the passage
**
I quote 2 verses and you accuse me of private interpretation.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Tim 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season {and} out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.**
we do have our own pastors and the Bible and our Catechism and writings from 2000 years of Christianity to help us, apart from the 7 sacraments established by Christ himself. We’re not lacking in resources.
I humbly ask for someone to come forth and present a Catholic source that disclaims my so called private interpretation that repentance is the method of salvation and that it should be preached year long.
 
I’m sure glad Jesus hasn’t stopped “handing out free forgiveness.”
**Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
Code:
* Forgive: Greek - aphiemi - send forth (cheerfully with joy), to greet, lay aside
Paul said we are not to eat or communicate with brothers living in rebellion against God. We are not to partake or walk with these unfruitful works of darkness as they walk disorderly and not in the ways of God (I Cor. 5:9, 11; Eph. 5:11; II Thess. 3:6,14).

Biblical forgiveness is never an initial action. It is always a response to repentance. Only when men repent are we to lay aside all trespasses, graciously receiving them, and cheerfully sending them on their way bidding them Godspeed.

2 John 10:11 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Code:
* Godspeed (one word) -Greek.- chairo-to be "cheerful", farewell, joyful,
* From: charis-graciousness
**
 
Code:
         I received the gift of Spirit and repentance eastereve 2005 from our Lord
**Luke 13:3 – Except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish.
Code:
* Repent -- Greek: metanoeo - think differently afterward; compunction for guilt; reversal; abhorrance of one's past; withdraw; turn away from.
* Perish -- Greek: apollumi - to destroy fully.
Jeremiah 31:18,19 – turn thou me and I shall be turned for thou art the Lord my God. Surely after that I was turned I repented, and after that I was instructed I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed yea, even confounded, because I bear the reproach of my youth
Code:
* Turn --Hebrew: Shuwb - To turn back; turn from self (sin) to God.
* Instructed Hebrew: Yada - To know by seeing; recognition; understand.
* Reproach Hebrew: Cherpah - disgrace; rebuke; expose; defame.
Repentance is not a one night experience years ago. It is the continual work of God in his people. Jeremiah said that only God can truly cause a man to turn (repent). Man tends to turn back to self and sin. Repentence is a continual turning away from self and what “I” want to God’s will and what He has instructed for our lives. God will visit our transgression with the rod of correction causing continual repentance.**
 
🙂 *"As we look forward to celebrating the birth of Jesus, we continue the journey into hope that gives us our future. Reaching toward the Holy Mystery at the center of our lives, we listen for voices that will speak of infinite compassion – as the prophets did. We look for signs of the justice they called for, yearn for a peace beyond all the narrow boundaries of national self-interest. Once more we seek to imagine the unimaginable: that goodness, truth and mercy might pitch a tent among us, dwell in our midst, be the solace and savior of our world. We are preparing to open our hearts to “the hint half guessed, the gift half understood”: the birth of eternity in time, a young girl’s womb bearing the fruit of the ages . . .

While the most tender of our liturgical celebrations, Christmas is also utterly realistic. It kneels not before a single child, but before all the children for whom this child was born. It kneels in the parish church we visit with our families, but also on every continent where loving mothers bend over newborn girls and boys of every color, tongue and culture. Whether in suffering or joy, at times of peace or war, among the rich or the poor, Christmas is the charter of the Christian imagination to see again and again, in ever new ways, and without end, how Christ was born in Bethlehem so that his brothers and sisters might be born of his same Holy Spirit until the end of time."* (**Imagining the unimaginable **by Former Georgetown University president Jesuit Father Leo O’Donovan, in a Christmas essay for the National Catholic Reporter on December 22, 2006)

ncronline.org/NCR_Online/archives2/2006d/122206/122206a.php

A Christmas gift . . .
interviewwithgod.com/theoriginal.htm 🙂

And…The poem-prayer of Saint Francis, known as “The Canticle of Brother Sun”😃

*Most High, Omnipotent, Good Lord,
Thine be the praises, the glory, and the honor and every blessing (cf. Apoc. 4:9.11).

To Thee alone, Most High, do they belong
and no man is worthy to mention Thee.

May Thou be praised, my Lord, with all Thy creatures (cf. Tob. 8:7),
especially mister brother sun,
of whom is the day, and Thou enlightens us through him.

And he is beautiful and radiant with a great splendor,
of Thee, Most High, does he convey the meaning

May Thou be praised, my Lord, for 4 sister moon and the stars (cf. Ps. 148:3),
in heaven Thou has made them clear and precious and beautiful

May Thou be praised, my Lord, for brother wind,
and for the air and the cloudy and the clear weather and every weather (cf. Dan 3:64-65), through which to all Thy creatures Thou gives sustenance (cf. Ps. 103:13-14)

May Thou be praised, my Lord, for sister water,
who is very useful and humble and precious and chaste

May Thou be praised, my lord, for brother fire (cf. Dan 3:66),
through whom Thou illumines the night,
and he is handsome and jocund and robust and strong

May Thou be praised, my Lord, for our sister, mother earth, (cf. Dan 3:74)
who sustains us and governs,
and produces various fruits with colored flowers and green plants (cf. Ps 103:13-14)

May Thou be praised, my Lord, for those who forgive for the sake of Thy love 5 (cf. Mt 6:12),
and endure infirmity and tribulation

Blessed those who endure them in peace (cf. Mt 5:10),
because by Thee, Most High, will they be crowned

May Thou be praised, my Lord, for our sister, bodily death,
whom no man living can escape

Woe to those, who die in mortal sin: 6
blessed those whom she 7 will find in Thy most holy desires,
because the second death will do them no evil (cf. Apoc 2:11; 20:6)

Praise and bless my Lord (cf. Dan 3:85),
and give Him thanks and serve Him with great humility!*
franciscan-archive.org/patriarcha/opera/canticle.html
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top