A
anneramones
Guest
The priest at today’s sunday Mass said we are saved by faith. He said that good works are important, that the Bible tells us that faith without works is dead and that if we have a faith that could move mountains but we don’t have charity we are nothing, but good works are the fruit of the faith, we are saved by our faith. I hope I misunderstood his words but it just sounded very Protestant like. At first when I started digging into my faith and why we are different from Protestants, the faith and/or good works topic was tricky, but then I came to the conclusion that you can’t just have faith in God to be saved. You need to have faith, good works and dying in a state of grace to be saved aka dying with no mortal sins unconfessed. Good works must be done out of love for God and not to pride ourselves. The glory is for God. This is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong. And regarding good works. The fact that good works are only the fruit of a true faith is the Protestant view as much as I am concerned…or am I forgetting something here ?