L
Leap_of_Faith_1
Guest
Hello,
My wife of ten years recently let me know she doesn’t love me anymore and wants out of our marriage, this was told to me on our ten year anniversary. We have four very beautiful little children and we have had a wonderful ten years together (or so I thought).
She let me know she stopped loving me a year ago and was contemplating leaving me at that time but thought she would wait it out until our ten year anniversary. We have had our ups and downs, as most marriages have, and have worked through the issues (I thought). She now tells me she never got over the past issues and doesn’t want to work on us any more and feels I will never change. I told her I would do anything to work on saving our marriage and keep from hurting our children. The answer is still “No”.
I felt she had been having an affair because of all the red flags popping up the past few months but she tells me she has been faithful and all the red flags are coincidental but agrees they appear suspicious. I’ve pleaded with her to give us a try and work this out, go to couple counseling, but she said “No”. Through many weeks of prayers and several discussions, she has begrudgingly agreed to go to a marriage encounter. She says this will help her solidify in her mind that we have nothing left to work on, and this way people can’t say she didn’t try.
Anybody have any ideas on how to get through to her?
My heart is breaking in two and my world feels like it is caving in around me. I am devastated at the thought of what this will do to our small children.
Any advice and prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and God Bless.
My wife of ten years recently let me know she doesn’t love me anymore and wants out of our marriage, this was told to me on our ten year anniversary. We have four very beautiful little children and we have had a wonderful ten years together (or so I thought).
She let me know she stopped loving me a year ago and was contemplating leaving me at that time but thought she would wait it out until our ten year anniversary. We have had our ups and downs, as most marriages have, and have worked through the issues (I thought). She now tells me she never got over the past issues and doesn’t want to work on us any more and feels I will never change. I told her I would do anything to work on saving our marriage and keep from hurting our children. The answer is still “No”.
I felt she had been having an affair because of all the red flags popping up the past few months but she tells me she has been faithful and all the red flags are coincidental but agrees they appear suspicious. I’ve pleaded with her to give us a try and work this out, go to couple counseling, but she said “No”. Through many weeks of prayers and several discussions, she has begrudgingly agreed to go to a marriage encounter. She says this will help her solidify in her mind that we have nothing left to work on, and this way people can’t say she didn’t try.
Anybody have any ideas on how to get through to her?
My heart is breaking in two and my world feels like it is caving in around me. I am devastated at the thought of what this will do to our small children.
Any advice and prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and God Bless.