Narnia

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Adonis33:
My thoughts exactly!
 
Yes, they are doing all seven. (Unless, of course the first few flop at the BO. Unlikely.) Here is a link from an earlier thred:narniaweb.com/
 
I had no idea Narnia was becoming a full blown movie!!

I think this is fabulous. Not that I have read The Chronicles of Narnia (yet) although I have read 7 or 8 of Lewis’s books and like many, am a huge fan of his.

I have hopes this movie will put C.S.Lewis on the map in the secular world. More often then not when I mention C.S.Lewis to people they have never heard of him.

my prediction: A mega-hit. How could it not be.

This post made my day
 
This looks good.

I love those books.

I wish C.S.Lewis had been a Catholic like his associate Tolkien. Actually he probably had more in common with us then today’s Anglicans do.
 
This looks so great! Too bad we have to wait until DECEMBER!!!
 
I saw the trailer at Star Wars yesterday. It looks really good. I love those stories. I’m looking forward to it!
 
40.png
mpav:
Yes, they are doing all seven. (Unless, of course the first few flop at the BO. Unlikely.) Here is a link from an earlier thred:narniaweb.com/
AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAHHHHH!!!

So at least one good movie a year for the next seven years? I can dig it.
 
Man i didn’t get the preview at my movie place during star wars. Now I am disappointed (by the way go see Star Wars because it rocks!!!)
 
The previews look really good. It sure looks a lot better than that cheap-o cartoon version of it they did a few years ago-boy, was that version bad. :eek:

I’m thrilled that they’re doing all seven. I can’t wait until they get to “*The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”. :clapping: *That’s my favorite Narnia book.

Scout :tiphat:
 
40.png
Scout:
The previews look really good. It sure looks a lot better than that cheap-o cartoon version of it they did a few years ago-boy, was that version bad. :eek:

I’m thrilled that they’re doing all seven. I can’t wait until they get to “*The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”. :clapping: *That’s my favorite Narnia book.

Scout :tiphat:
Did you ever see the miniseries the BBC made out of three of the books in the 1980’s ?

** Lion,Witch & Wardrobe**
** Voyage of Dawn Treader**
** The Silver Chair**

Very well done and still available on VHS.
 
I recall in Tolkien’s letters that he made some comment about Lewis standing against him with respect to some academic position. He was rather upset, because Lewis was blatantly against him for being RC. Tolkien never forgave him, as I recall.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top