N
novaslasher
Guest
Well, I can’t avoid my coworker. We share offices 8 hours a day, and spend the majority of time together. We don’t work on the same projects (thankfully), but we have to interact by virtue of sharing offices. If I move offices without telling him, it will force a confrontation eventually. If I say nothing, he could get worse. I also don’t like having a proverbial elephant in the room. It makes things way too uncomfortable; especially when you spend the majority of your waking life at work.Just show the the note to HR and avoid your colleague as much as possible so he doesn’t start anything else. I wouldn’t involve your CEO in any of this because it really isn’t his job to deal with things like that.
You’re right that its not normally the CEO’s job to babysit misbehaving coworkers. I won’t directly involve the CEO again unless he comes to me. Still, someone forged a nasty letter in his name and I had to ask or I could never be sure it wasn’t (mind-bogglingly) from him. I think he has the right too know this happened, but no obligation to handle it once HR is involved.
I also find it unbelievable that 40 something year old, college educated, adults can act like this.