NBC - Da Vinci Code/Revelations

• Thread starter Thread starter Dj_Roy_Albert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dj_Roy_Albert

NBC will be airing a “special investigation” on the secrets of the Da Vinci code tonight followed by an apocolptic drama called Revelations which looks to be blasphemous.

Anyone willing to watch these & comment?

Not me. I see what the do with the news. I saw what they did with Terri. Fox is a long way from what they claim to be but it’s the best we’ve got right now and that’s about all I watch. I can’t afford to get my blood pressure up.

40.png
geezerbob:
Not me. I see what the do with the news. I saw what they did with Terri. Fox is a long way from what they claim to be but it’s the best we’ve got right now and that’s about all I watch. I can’t afford to get my blood pressure up.
I’m not watching…any thing with Da Vinci code stuff is suspect .
I like to watch FOX not all the shows on it…OReilly is annoying …but I do like some of the others.

Actually the History Channel had a really good documentary on the DaVinci Code a while back. In the end it is exposed as nothing but a wild guess on the parts of those who promote it.

I can’t wait till the show if off the air. I would rather spend my quality time praying than wasting it on that show.

Dj Roy Albert:
NBC will be airing a “special investigation” on the secrets of the Da Vinci code tonight followed by an apocolptic drama called Revelations which looks to be blasphemous.

Anyone willing to watch these & comment?
Not me, I’m watching American Idol. 😃

I am soooo sick of the preview ads for these shows!!! Grrrrrrr! I will be glad when they are over!! So, I guess it’s pretty obvious I won’t be watching!!! :nope: Nope, not me!!

Programs like “Revelations” make me glad that I got rid of my TV.👍

40.png
jdnation:
Actually the History Channel had a really good documentary on the DaVinci Code a while back. In the end it is exposed as nothing but a wild guess on the parts of those who promote it.
I will second that reccomendation. The History channel carved up the Da Vinci Code to the fiction and guessing game it truely is.
No other documentary has done that. It was fantastic. I would buy a copy of this program for those friends who insit the Davininci Code is based in some way on History.

IF NBC goes what ABC did last year it will be an advertisement for the DaVInici Code as plausible Historical fiction. ABC was gravely misleading on this one. Juding by the honesty of networks I suspect more of the same it coulda happened non-sense. National Geographic basically repackaged the ABC program and sold it under their brand. How pathetic given they have reputation for objectivenss its made the non-sennse more credible.

I’ll be watching. I’m very curious to see how NBC does Revelations. How anyone can deem something blasphemous before they’ve even seen it is beyond me. As for the DaVinci Code - it was a entertaining work of fiction.

40.png
Peter_Atlanta:
I’ll be watching. I’m very curious to see how NBC does Revelations. How anyone can deem something blasphemous before they’ve even seen it is beyond me. As for the DaVinci Code - it was a entertaining work of fiction.
Code:
DaVinci Code was a sacrilege against our Lord Jesus Christ…totallt blaspehmous. I do not understand Catholics who see no horror of the specualtion they have made on Jesus…nuff said…

Christ si risen…truly He Is risen!
Shoshana

I’m Da Vinci’d out.

But I’ll be checking out Revelations tonight for sure. Looks good. I aint prepared to call something blasphemus until I can see it 🙂

40.png
Peter_Atlanta:
As for the DaVinci Code - it was a entertaining work of fiction.
But it was presented as fact. Just look around and see how many people buy into it as true.

40.png
Genesis315:
But it was presented as fact. Just look around and see how many people buy into it as true.
The book even states that it is based on fact.

I’ve been taking in some of this tripe, and I feel less intelligent for it. Old Stone and his cronies seem to not realize that the Gnostic “gospels” were far from hidden in their day - that heresy is been there, done that. Now they’re trying to make out Mary Magalene as the true leader of the Church based on those works of fiction that were debunked almost 2000 years ago. Oh, and don’t get me started on the painting of the last supper… - not even a mention of that not being Mary Magdalene in the painting, at least until I couldn’t watch any more. As far as this docudrama and the “Revelations” movie is concerned - it’s all sensationalist effluent to grab ratings, as Bill Donahue predicted would happen after Il Papa was layed to rest.

40.png
Genesis315:
I never said there was a shortage of stupid an uneducated people in the world. The book may have been presented as fact and may contain numerous facts but it was a novel, thus implicitly fictional, i.e. untrue. If some fool believes it as some sort of truth I pity them.

40.png
dirtydog:
I’ve been taking in some of this tripe, and I feel less intelligent for it. Old Stone and his cronies seem to not realize that the Gnostic “gospels” were far from hidden in their day - that heresy is been there, done that. Now they’re trying to make out Mary Magalene as the true leader of the Church based on those works of fiction that were debunked almost 2000 years ago. Oh, and don’t get me started on the painting of the last supper… - not even a mention of that not being Mary Magdalene in the painting, at least until I couldn’t watch any more. As far as this docudrama and the “Revelations” movie is concerned - it’s all sensationalist effluent to grab ratings, as Bill Donahue predicted would happen after Il Papa was layed to rest.
I watched out of curiousity to see if the would sensationalize the book like ABC. For the first 45 minutes I was sure it was just more of the same. I was surprised that during the last 15 minutes (not a whole lot of time, granted) they did pretty much debunk the Priory of Sion hoax, the idea that there are hidden messages in Da Vinci’s Last Supper (plus they stressed that every single painting of the Last Supper of that time depicted St. John as rather feminine-looking), and reiterated that there is not one shred evidence (historical or otherwise) that our Lord was married or had a daughter. And the fact that “Fr.” McBrien was nowhere to be found was a definite plus. Overall, not as balanced as I would have liked, but not the blind acceptance of the book as fact that I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back