L
LiLitalia
Guest
Hi all:
I’m new here. I needed to talk about my life situation and just don’t feel comfortable enough to go to my local church.
I am a 42 year old single mom. I have two children from two failed, long term relationships. Both my girls dads are very much a part of their lives. My oldest is 11 and my 5 year old’s father has been a part of my oldests life since she was a little over 2 years.
I will not even go into how I ended up pregnant the second time because I don’t want to come across as making excuses
for blaming her father, but when I did find out I was pregnant the second time, I had pretty much decided the best thing for her was to put her up for adoption. I did not want to bring another child into world out of wed lock. In the end, the father, my family and friends talked me out of it. Both my girls are happy and healthy now, but to this day, I’m not sure I made the right decision. I always have my kids best interest at heart…always… I am a career person. I do not date anymore (I will not confuse my kids anymore than they are already are by introducing yet another male figure into their life). There are no step mother’s in either of their lives. My life consists of working and taking care of my children…which is just fine with me.
I was brought up Catholic. I went to a Catholic school for 9 years. I now feel that I am not worthy to attend my local church. I feel like a sort of hypocrite and I certainly don’t feel welcome. I admit I am ashamed. Do I have the right to attend church? My 11 year old has a wonderful relationship with her father…they go to church every Sunday and we both teach her about God and Jesus as our savior, but not necessariy via the Catholic religion.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
I’m new here. I needed to talk about my life situation and just don’t feel comfortable enough to go to my local church.
I am a 42 year old single mom. I have two children from two failed, long term relationships. Both my girls dads are very much a part of their lives. My oldest is 11 and my 5 year old’s father has been a part of my oldests life since she was a little over 2 years.
I will not even go into how I ended up pregnant the second time because I don’t want to come across as making excuses
for blaming her father, but when I did find out I was pregnant the second time, I had pretty much decided the best thing for her was to put her up for adoption. I did not want to bring another child into world out of wed lock. In the end, the father, my family and friends talked me out of it. Both my girls are happy and healthy now, but to this day, I’m not sure I made the right decision. I always have my kids best interest at heart…always… I am a career person. I do not date anymore (I will not confuse my kids anymore than they are already are by introducing yet another male figure into their life). There are no step mother’s in either of their lives. My life consists of working and taking care of my children…which is just fine with me.
I was brought up Catholic. I went to a Catholic school for 9 years. I now feel that I am not worthy to attend my local church. I feel like a sort of hypocrite and I certainly don’t feel welcome. I admit I am ashamed. Do I have the right to attend church? My 11 year old has a wonderful relationship with her father…they go to church every Sunday and we both teach her about God and Jesus as our savior, but not necessariy via the Catholic religion.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.