Netflix and material cooperation in evil

• Thread starter Thread starter Marinakeer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Anesti33:
You seem to have an aversion to hardship and a penchant for creature comforts.

I am not saying that this instance is a good example, but if were truly a sin for you to have a luxury item such as a home, would you give it up, or protest that you don’t want to be drinking water, naked, in a cave?
But what nonsense is this ???

I go crazy every day polishing the words in a much more formal environment than mine and in a language other than mine, and then these expressions are allowed ???
Yes, I think this protest of “drinking water, naked, in a cave” is whiny and privileged.

It is a slap in the face to the poor and the martyrs of the world. Some people are lucky to be pushing around a shopping cart of belongings from camp to camp. Some priests have squeezed juice from raisins so that they could celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

They’re not too fussed about what kind of video entertainment pumps into their home on a gigabit Internet and onto their 50" 4K monitor.

People who do not compromise principles often have to go without luxuries and even without necessities. It is a true test of a Christian if he can withstand privations for the sake of his immortal soul.

The problem is not your opinions, you are completely free, the problem is when you give evaluations and judgments on the life and conscience of others.

Already on facebook people do not know each other, even though there are names, locations, sex, age, photos and other things.

But here we are nicknames vs nicknames: we know nothing about each other.

And even if we knew each other we cannot make judgments that belong to God or, to a certain extent, to the spiritual director.

Would you give more information. This title does not exist in Netflix.

There was a comedian who preformed a skit, if you want to start a thread about comics, that would be interesting to some people.

Last edited:
Michelle Wolf is a comedian. She did a comedy sketch that was offensive. Comics being offensive is nothing new under the sun.

I dare suggest it because it costs one next to nothing to tell this company that it will not get one’s money
Great, you do that if you wish.

Let other Catholics make their own moral choices, as the Church has not deemed it a sin to have a Netflix subscription, plus each Catholic has free will to choose what they do or don’t watch on there.

Some priests have squeezed juice from raisins so that they could celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

They’re not too fussed about what kind of video entertainment pumps into their home on a gigabit Internet and onto their 50" 4K monitor.
This is the moral equivalent of “eat your Brussels sprouts, there are children starving in Armenia” or wherever.

Priests forced into this position are either living through severe hardship or oppression, or else they have chosen to live a life of asceticism. Not everyone is called to live the ascetic life. For the priests who are not ascetic by choice, it may well be that when they are past the hardship, they allow themselves to enjoy some comforts like entertainment so they can take a break once in a while.

Also, Netflix subscriptions are cheap. That’s part of why they are popular. You don’t have to have some luxurious home entertainment system to watch; you don’t have to have a TV at all, and many people I know, don’t. As someone else said, it’s a cheap way to get access to a library of programs ranging from kiddie cartoons to morally objectionable stuff.

If you don’t want it, don’t buy it. If someone else does buy it, the Church doesn’t forbid that, so don’t be taking the moral high ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back