Never Been to Confession In My Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter FinallyPeace
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t know that was showing pride. I usually just confessed at home.
 
Even if I do go to confession I still feel really nervous and shy confessing it. I’ve obviously sinned a lot and what if I can’t remember every single one of my sins. Also one sin I’m going to confess would make me feel embarrassed.
 
Trust everybody, go to the priest and feel on your own soul the difference. You are free to confess Absolutely anything and not a word about it will be mentioned after
 
OP, don’t be put off by the title, but you should find and read a copy of “Catholicism for Dummies.” I think you will find it helpful to begin with and see that it is at a level you will understand. After that, you can get a Youcat, a catechism for youth to read.
 
DON’T go to communion if you’re in the state of mortal sin. You MUST go to confession first. A person in mortal sin who goes to communion receives Our Lord unworthily. 1 Cor. 11: 23-32:

[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread. [24] And giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye, and eat: this is my body, which shall be delivered for you: this do for the commemoration of me. [25] In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me.

[26] For as often as you shall eat this bread, and drink the chalice, you shall shew the death of the Lord, until he come. [27] Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of the chalice. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord. [30] Therefore are there many infirm and weak among you, and many sleep.

[27] “Or drink”: Here erroneous translators corrupted the text, by putting “and drink” (contrary to the original) instead of “or drink”.

[27] “Guilty of the body”: not discerning the body. This demonstrates the real presence of the body and blood of Christ, even to the unworthy communicant; who otherwise could not be guilty of the body and blood of Christ, or justly condemned for not discerning the Lord’s body.

[28] “Drink of the chalice”: This is not said by way of command, but by way of allowance, viz., where and when it is agreeable to the practice and discipline of the church.

[31] But if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But whilst we are judged, we are chastised by the Lord, that we be not condemned with this world.
 
Last edited:
That’s ok. Embarrassment and fear is a consequence of your sins. It’s easy to confess in your room, whats the merit in that?
 
But you haven’t truly gone to confession yet. Please. Read up at least and you will see that there is nothing to be embarrassed about. The priest has heard it all before, and worse than what you would be telling him. But one of the things about going to confession is to help you think about what you are doing so that you will stop sinning.
 
I’m sorry you had to type all of that because if you scrolled up I did mention that I knew I wasn’t aloud to take communion in mortal sin
 
I don’t know the priest that well like how he teaches. I only go to mass once in a while. So I dont know if its just me being scared to go to confession or that since I dont feel like hes the guy that would make me comfortable. I miss my old priest
 
Ask the Holy Spirit and your Guardian Angel to help you make a good confession. The priest will help you too.
 
I thought confession was like the same as sitting in mass where you sat in your usual seats and just confessed there i know about confessing to priest but I didnt know that was for every confession
 
I’m sorry that im really an introvert but i ask my parents simple questions about my sins and god and I just feel nervous because i only talk to my dad about God and sin and asking my mom she doesnt even know that i know confession exsists
 
That’s the way it should be. However, some RC churches have First Communion at ~ age 7 and delay confession for 1 - 2 years 😱, which imo is bad because children do commit sins and could receive Our Lord unworthily. St. Teresa of Avila had a vision where she saw children as young as 2-5 years old in Hell (not limbo but Hell).

I made my first confession before my First Holy Communion.
 
I’m not even sure what my religion is anymore or if im catholic or lutheran
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top