P
Padres1969
Guest
Thought this might be an interesting food for thought topic that I came across quite by surprise this week.
Full disclosure I’m in that oft criticized Millennial generation, albeit at the oldest edges of it as are many of my acquaintances give or take a half dozen years or more on either side. And most are quite liberal in their views. However I came across a trend among several I wasn’t aware of until just this week. In light of the recent moves by several states to effectively ban abortion (since virtually all pregnancies, particularly unwanted ones, are not discovered until after 6 weeks), and States like Ohio going even further and trying to ban most birth control like IUDs and the Pill… that several acquaintances are electing to be sterilized lest they be forced to carry a baby against their will. No less than 5 in just the last 24 hours have made it known they have tubal ligations or vasectomies that have been recently performed or scheduled. The number who’ve been driven to this quite frankly shocked me.
Made me wonder what the response to that would be here that laws (which will almost certainly be struck down anyway) are driving people into surgeries to protect themselves from what they are expressing as our drive to dystopia.
Full disclosure I’m in that oft criticized Millennial generation, albeit at the oldest edges of it as are many of my acquaintances give or take a half dozen years or more on either side. And most are quite liberal in their views. However I came across a trend among several I wasn’t aware of until just this week. In light of the recent moves by several states to effectively ban abortion (since virtually all pregnancies, particularly unwanted ones, are not discovered until after 6 weeks), and States like Ohio going even further and trying to ban most birth control like IUDs and the Pill… that several acquaintances are electing to be sterilized lest they be forced to carry a baby against their will. No less than 5 in just the last 24 hours have made it known they have tubal ligations or vasectomies that have been recently performed or scheduled. The number who’ve been driven to this quite frankly shocked me.
Made me wonder what the response to that would be here that laws (which will almost certainly be struck down anyway) are driving people into surgeries to protect themselves from what they are expressing as our drive to dystopia.