New age deception

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrueFaithSeeker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 30 years ago I thought Christianity was outdated and new age was cool. It took me a awhile to realize that Christianity was timeless.
To you, yes…30 years ago. 🙂 But the interesting part: Hinduism is timeless as well. :o Age doesn’t quite prove anything. 🤷 But, of course, if something is timeless in your eyes, then it’s cool. 😃

Regardless, I still stand by my opinion.
 
To you, yes…30 years ago. 🙂 But the interesting part: Hinduism is timeless as well. :o Age doesn’t quite prove anything. 🤷 But, of course, if something is timeless in your eyes, then it’s cool. 😃

Regardless, I still stand by my opinion.
Right
 
No, it’s just enlightening to many people. For some strange reason, a lot of people are beginning to see Christianity as–well, “outdated.” :coffeeread:

There’s really no such thing as a false movement. You can prove it’s there. 😉 But, of course, there are movements that many don’t agree with: Some movements have outlived their stay; others are just plain ridiculous; and even more are yet to come. There is really no way to get rid of the belief of many people or that “spiritual” craving of several–well, you discredit and tell them they are wrong in their path or beliefs, but that will just make you *and *your religion look bad. 🤷 You’re right in suggesting incompatibility between certain paths, **but that doesn’t make either true.
**
Sorry for rambling. It’s just my two cents. 😛
Christianity is the only true religion and only the Catholic Church (established by and given authority by Christ who is God, unlike all others established by men) has the fullness of truth.
 
New age believes we are ONE with GOD… basically we are all Jesus like…Budha like…

Jesus just believed in his true nature… and if we just believed in our true nature then we could heal the sick, walk on water ect…

They also believe in more than one life. That we keep being sent back here to learn a lesson from the past.
Once we have learned the lessons we need to learn then we become enlightened and become one with God… we become one with the light of God. Basically… we become God.

New Age ministers twist the words of the bible too… to make it all make sense to the new age person that all this is true.

I spent years reading these books, going to groups… monthly calls…
Sure they are all nice and the people dont mean any harm…they are just searching for something that makes them feel good… not the truth.

Blade and blood… you are agnostic so what do you care? Catholic Church has lasted 2 thousand years for a reason… It isnt out of date… its the truth. The truth lasts forever.
Oh and the hindu believe in Jesus…just not in the same way.
 
Over 30 years ago I thought Christianity was outdated and new age was cool. It took me a awhile to realize that Christianity was timeless.
Originally posted by thistle
Christianity is the only true religion and only the Catholic Church (established by and given authority by Christ who is God, unlike all others established by men) has the fullness of truth.
👍👍
Originally posted by Stjudeprayforus
New age believes we are ONE with GOD… basically we are all Jesus like…Budha like…
Jesus just believed in his true nature… and if we just believed in our true nature then we could heal the sick, walk on water ect…
They also believe in more than one life. That we keep being sent back here to learn a lesson from the past.
Once we have learned the lessons we need to learn then we become enlightened and become one with God… we become one with the light of God. Basically… we become God.
New Age ministers twist the words of the bible too… to make it all make sense to the new age person that all this is true.
I spent years reading these books, going to groups… monthly calls…
Sure they are all nice and the people dont mean any harm…they are just searching for something that makes them feel good… not the truth.
Blade and blood… you are agnostic so what do you care? Catholic Church has lasted 2 thousand years for a reason… It isnt out of date… its the truth. The truth lasts forever.
Oh and the hindu believe in Jesus…just not in the same way.
Your assessment is what I’ve learned about it, too.

The New Age movement seems just another update from the gnostic heresy, where the ones who are in “the know” will smile indulgently at a Catholic Christian.
 
No, it’s just enlightening to many people. For some strange reason, a lot of people are beginning to see Christianity as–well, “outdated.” :coffeeread:
And paganism isn’t? That’s been old hat at least since Charlemagne converted. (Although, to be honest, I would have more respect for the neo-pagans if they did things “the old-fashioned way”, i.e. sacrifice real virgins to nature spirits in midnight rituals.)
 
And paganism isn’t? That’s been old hat at least since Charlemagne converted. (Although, to be honest, I would have more respect for the neo-pagans if they did things “the old-fashioned way”, i.e. sacrifice real virgins to nature spirits in midnight rituals.)
Sorry, I should have clarified: Every religion has its moment in the spotlight, and sometimes, old practices come back. History, basically, repeats itself. I can easily see Christianity being out of style and then, coming back in a fair few centuries… unless, of course, the transitiong from Christianity to something else doesn’t destroy us, first. 🤷
 
Christianity is the only true religion and only the Catholic Church (established by and given authority by Christ who is God, unlike all others established by men) has the fullness of truth.
It’s as true as you want it to be.
 
He knows its the truth…his sould does anyway…

Why else would an agnostic be on a Catholic forum?
 
New Age IS garbage!

I recommend a book called Catholics and the New Age by Father Mitch Pacwa.
New Age can be very dangerous, for example, channeling. Father Pacwa has an interesting chapter “What Is A Catholic To Do?” in his book:

Catholics and the New Age ISBN 0-89283-756-X
How good people are being drawn into Jungian psychology, the enneagram, and the Age of Aquarius
by Mitch Pacwa, S.J.

He is also on EWTN.
 
New Age can be very dangerous, for example, channeling. Father Pacwa has an interesting chapter “What Is A Catholic To Do?” in his book:

Catholics and the New Age ISBN 0-89283-756-X
How good people are being drawn into Jungian psychology, the enneagram, and the Age of Aquarius
by Mitch Pacwa, S.J.

He is also on EWTN.
Thanks for the suggestion… just purchased it used on Amazon for $2.84!! SWEET!
 
I almost got into New Age once…
the interesting thing is that all my fascination with it went away right when I got baptized. And I didnt even know anything about Christianity at the time and didn’t practice it. (and after my baptism, only went to church on holidays, and never prayed).

New Age is very dangerous. It doesn’t matter if it’s “spiritual” or if people think it “enlightens” them. The devil is “spiritual” and “supernatural” and can appear as an angel of light. What matters is what is divine…of God…not what is “spiritual”. And the New Age lie is all about us being like God - the same old story the serpent told Adam and Eve.

All religions except Christianity will fade away when the world ends… they’re all bound by time. But Christianity is timeless because it’s the truth. It doesn’t matter what we “feel”, it matters what the truth is.

And it’s not more charitable to say that “everything is true”, or “every religion is good.”
As CS Lewis said… there are always a dozen views until you know the answer… then, there is never more than one.
 
I almost got into New Age once…
the interesting thing is that all my fascination with it went away right when I got baptized. And I didnt even know anything about Christianity at the time and didn’t practice it. (and after my baptism, only went to church on holidays, and never prayed).

New Age is very dangerous. It doesn’t matter if it’s “spiritual” or if people think it “enlightens” them. The devil is “spiritual” and “supernatural” and can appear as an angel of light. What matters is what is divine…of God…not what is “spiritual”. And the New Age lie is all about us being like God - the same old story the serpent told Adam and Eve.

All religions except Christianity will fade away when the world ends… they’re all bound by time. But Christianity is timeless because it’s the truth. It doesn’t matter what we “feel”, it matters what the truth is.

And it’s not more charitable to say that “everything is true”, or “every religion is good.”
As CS Lewis said… there are always a dozen views until you know the answer… then, there is never more than one.
:yup::yup:
 
I’m not even sure what New Age is exactly, but no mainstream religions have much right yet anyways.
 
I’m not even sure what New Age is exactly, but no mainstream religions have much right yet anyways.
Do you live under a rock? Do you even try any religions ACTUALLY to determine this or is this your own opinion…

Why did I bite the hook … :confused:
 
Do you live under a rock? Do you even try any religions ACTUALLY to determine this or is this your own opinion…

Why did I bite the hook … :confused:
I’ve studied the mainstream religions (that was the reason I joined this site in the first place). But I think they all make a mistake of embedding a feeling that God is separate from us, when we are all part of God. I think Jesus was the greatest teacher in history, but I think a lot of what he did/said has been obscured over time, there is evidence that parts of his story were edited by ancient Roman politicians. But I feel very close to Jesus, because we are one.

I wore myself out trying to find God for a long time. It wasn’t until I stopped looking to others for the answers and looked inside myself that I found my answers. I found that once I got past all of my expectations, all of my worries, all of my prejudices, that there was this well of energy deep down that I knew could be nothing other than my spirit and my connection to God. It’s still hard to explain, because I’m still having trouble at times finding it, but it’s become sort of a spiritual compass if that makes sense. Whenever I find it an amazing feeling of happiness and content comes over me.

Sorry, I’m rambling, it’s a bit hard to put into words. Call me crazy if you want lol.
 
I’ve studied the mainstream religions (that was the reason I joined this site in the first place). But I think they all make a mistake of embedding a feeling that God is separate from us, when we are all part of God. I think Jesus was the greatest teacher in history, but I think a lot of what he did/said has been obscured over time, there is evidence that parts of his story were edited by ancient Roman politicians. But I feel very close to Jesus, because we are one.

I wore myself out trying to find God for a long time. It wasn’t until I stopped looking to others for the answers and looked inside myself that I found my answers. I found that once I got past all of my expectations, all of my worries, all of my prejudices, that there was this well of energy deep down that I knew could be nothing other than my spirit and my connection to God. It’s still hard to explain, because I’m still having trouble at times finding it, but it’s become sort of a spiritual compass if that makes sense. Whenever I find it an amazing feeling of happiness and content comes over me.

Sorry, I’m rambling, it’s a bit hard to put into words. Call me crazy if you want lol.
If you’re a Buddhist, just say it. Now which type, Zen or what… that’s pretty much what you described.

So I’m guessing you don’t believe in the Resurrection, the Ascension or any of the miracles that Jesus performed… since all he was was the greatest teacher ever. I got a good book for you to read, in case you want to put the “case closed” on Christianity, and I’m not being smart here… check out “Handbook to Christian Apologetics” by Peter Kreeft.

amazon.com/Handbook-Christian-Apologetics-Hundreds-Questions/dp/0830817743/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239149600&sr=8-1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top