New Examination of Conscience Website

  • Thread starter Thread starter perfidem
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perfidem

Guest
Hi,

I’m new to these forums; actually, today is my first day here. And I was wondering if I could get some (name removed by moderator)ut on a new website I just finished.

After seeing all the news about that confession app for the iPhone, I thought it might be useful to have a browser-based app for those of us with out an iPhone.

The url is CatholicsConfess.it/. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Andrew
 
Great idea!

Thanks for the website and all the work you put into it.

I did an examination and it printed out perfectly. The tabulation and print function is a brillant idea & what a time saver!

Very thoughtful and in depth exam of conscience!

I like the inclusion of the prayers & opportunity to print those out.

I normally use:

catholicparents.org/oxcart/Examination%20of%20Conscience.pdf

I’d suggest changing the backdrop color so the text is more readable; and on the exam itself the font needs to be reduced considerably.

You might add an introductory parapragh concerning the three conditions necessary for mortal sins.
 
Wow! Really nice! One suggestion:

Try to be consistent with whether a checkmark is good or bad. Some questions I answered with a check because it seemed like checking it would not be committing the sin while others seemed like checking it was acknowledgement of the sin.
 
Well, two things I have just quickly

First of all, since you are presenting a form to fill out and submit to the website, you give the impression that you are collecting data. Even if you do not, you have that opportunity and I don’t know why people should be encouraged to whisper their sins to a website rather than to a priest. That’s a major problem with an Internet-connected “app” like this.

Second thing is that some sins are expressed in positive terms, but if you click to select them, they are entered in a list of sins as negatives. For example, if I say that I seek to share what I have with the poor, clicking it to indicate a “yes”, then the list of sins comes out and it shows “10. Failed to share what I had with the poor”. This is counter-intuitive.
 
Barbkw -
I’d suggest changing the backdrop color so the text is more readable; and on the exam itself the font needs to be reduced considerably.
You might add an introductory parapragh concerning the three conditions necessary for mortal sins.
All the browsers I use on my computer seem to be working fine as far as color and readability go, can you tell me a little about what browser (internet explorer, etc) and operating system (windows xp/vista, etc) you’re using?

As for an introductory paragraph with the conditions for mortal sins, I’ll add it asap. Thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut!

Pieman333272 -
Try to be consistent with whether a checkmark is good or bad. Some questions I answered with a check because it seemed like checking it would not be committing the sin while others seemed like checking it was acknowledgement of the sin.
I adapted the examination from one produced by a group in the Philippines, I’ll go through and make them consistent, thanks!

Elizium23 -
First of all, since you are presenting a form to fill out and submit to the website, you give the impression that you are collecting data. Even if you do not, you have that opportunity and I don’t know why people should be encouraged to whisper their sins to a website rather than to a priest. That’s a major problem with an Internet-connected “app” like this.
The simple solution is not to use it if you think it actually collects your information. Though, if you notice, it doesn’t ask you for any personally identifying information anyways.
Second thing is that some sins are expressed in positive terms, but if you click to select them, they are entered in a list of sins as negatives. For example, if I say that I seek to share what I have with the poor, clicking it to indicate a “yes”, then the list of sins comes out and it shows “10. Failed to share what I had with the poor”. This is counter-intuitive.
You’re right, I’ll be fixing this asap, thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top