New St. Benedict Douay-Rheims

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnbres2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting; I never heard of the Saint Benedict Press version of the Douay Rheims Catholic Bible. Guess I’m a little confused by reading some of the posts here.
Am I mistaken that this New Douay Rheims is re-translated into a RSV CE.?
If so it’s not a true Douay Rheims by Bishop Richard Challoner AD 1749-1752 or any other Douay Rheims version there before since AD 1609.

Can anybody clarify this. I have the Tan Books Published Douay Rheims.

Peace
Chris
No, they are talking about two different versions that are both published by Saint Benedict Press. The D-R version is the Challoner edition. They are also distributed by Tan Books.
 
I was going to say there isn’t enough room for notes, but I think the link InnocentSmith sent speaks for itself. Hope you find one that works for you.

Pax†
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top