New trend: High-Waisted Swimwear, Immodest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nvr2018
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nvr2018

Guest
So, with this new trend of high-waisted swimwear that a lot of women (including christians) turn to these more eye catching things to show off at the beach, opinions?

Personally, as a cradle catholic, I don’t understand why even the most cradle catholic woman would ever turn to these things. It just feels like your bottomless almost. I just feel like even the most cradle Catholics and non-affiliates have no common sense of what we shouldn’t see anywhere. What irritates me more is men don’t care one bit anymore. As a 20 year old man trying to prepare myself for heaven, I can’t this trend one bit. I would rather pray for my future wife over dwelling over this. Why am I the only one that’s speaking out over this issue?
 
I don’t think you are the only one speaking out…we have numerous threads on similar topics.
Perhaps worth reading,and much will be repeated here.
God bless.
 
It feels like we as men don’t take charge anymore in helping our women friends get to heaven but rather admire them for things that god doesn’t want us doing.
 
I would be happy to see more fabric on many bathing suits, so if high waisted will do that, what is the problem?

OP, is this problem particular to high waisted suits or are you just railing against suits in general? 🤔
 
Mainly just showing more than what really should be seen. If you lookup the most trending swimwear for 2019, you’ll see what I mean.
 
Seeing that the forecast here in Frostbite Falls is calling for snow ❄️ I’m not seeing this as much of an issue
 
At this of the year I wouldn’t think so. However, when we get to summer 2020, I see it being a huge problem if all we do is admire the person as a lustful object.
 
This is more of an issue with high-waisted swimwear in particular.
 
I used it as a way to show that most people mostly rely on these kinds of kinds to get their next piece for next summer. I don’t use it as a thing to admire giving that were called to not commit adultary and help us get to heaven.
 
Personally, as a cradle catholic, I don’t understand why even the most cradle catholic woman would ever turn to these things.
What’s with the “cradle catholic” thing…you make it sound like those born into a Catholic family are somehow more spiritually superior than those entering into full communion with the Church (notice I did not say “converts”, because conversion is a continual process) later in life.
 
Cradle Catholic just means that I’ve been catholic ever since birth (unless you count a month of being in original sin).
 
Cradle Catholic just means that I’ve been catholic ever since birth (unless you count a month of being in original sin).
I know what it means. Re-read my post, and if it wasn’t clear, let me know and we can discuss it further.
 
I don’t see what the problem is with high-waisted swimwear.

If you have an issue with it OP, then that’s something for you to work on. Not to put on women and say they’re less likely to get to heaven/are causing men to lust at the sight if they wear one.
 
Last edited:
Indeed. It’s November. Threads like this aren’t expected until late spring at least.
 
I had no clue what the OP was talking about so I googled it.
Not for nothing, a high waisted bikini is a lot better than the teeny, tiny string bikinis that were all the rage when I was a teeneager/young adult. OP, what is it exactly you would like women to wear to the beach or pool? Or should they not go at all?
 
Last edited:
Same here. They look less immodest to me, covering up that sinful belly button and all. 😄
 
There was a garment in the book “Brave New World” called a zippycaminick.

I always pictured it to be similar to long-john’s only knee length and short sleeved, with a zipper.

We should wear something like that to swim. Only swimsuit material. Boys too.

I’m somewhat joking.
 
There’s a possibility of snow here too. It might be problematic too, because the trees have most of their leaves still. The snow could cause trees to fall. The ground isn’t too frozen yet either.

I’m not thinking of swimsuits. I don’t swim, and only go in the pool if it’s in the upper 90’s. I wear my middle aged lady swimsuit from lands end that looks like a floral tennis dress. I don’t want to scare anyone. 😱
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top