L
LittleFlower378
Guest
I think the author is right about the positions. He is saying it may not be a sin, but it could be if taken lustfully. Alot of times these different positions are used in pornography.
bzkoss236;9786880:
.???Then tell him that sex within marriage is supposed to be an act of giving, not receiving
Could explain to me , please?
The marriage is a mutual and reciprocal donation of bodies. The fact of making one flesh is a mutual and reciprocal union of bodies.
During this marital act:
1.The wife is giving her own body to her husband, the wife is offering her own body to her husband and the husband is receiving the own body of his wife;
The moral obligations coming from the natural contract and the natural institution are:
- The husband is giving his own body to his wife , the husband is offering his own body to his wife, and the wife is receiving the own body of her husband.
For husband to give and to offer his own body to his wife and to receive the body of his wife.
For wife to give and to offer her own body to her husband and to receive the body of her husband.
Thus, the marital act has to be unitive and procreative: unity and potential procreativity:
Unity means the carnal union of bodies in the human fashion with sexual cooperation
Procreativity means the climax of husband has to take place in the right place: the human nature of male body and the human nature of female body.
The theology of the body is dual: A theology of the body of the female and the theology of the body of male with the metaphysics of the wife’s body and the metaphysics of husband’s body: alterity and complementarity of the humanity.
Yes, the act is mutual, but you shouldn’t be using sex for your selfish pleasure. Sex is about giving of yourself to your spouse, not about expecting to receive from your spouse. You may know it gives you pleasure, but your focus should be less on yourself and more on making your spouse feel pleasure. And, being mutual, your spouse should do the same for you, but it should be given of them, not mandated by you.
Do you see what I mean? Both give and receive, but I’m talking about where the attention lies.
This is a good point!!! Good ideaFPT, maybe I should open a new post about this 1906 writing? Remember it was writen in 1906 so it will sound old fashioned. I thought he could have used a better word than “prevents herself from ejaculating.” There has been alot that has been said after 1906 about these things but that does not make all of what he says untrue. I think in an age where “Shades of Grey,” is selling like hot cakes, it would be good to examine what acts are natural and licit, ect. etc. There is a link prior to this one that I havent read yet but gives more on the authors work.
Here it is:
religiousstudiesblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/traditional-catholic-theologian-on-sex.html
" Using a different position is therefore no more than a venial sin, provided that the danger is excluded of all the semen being ejaculated outside the orifice."I think the author is right about the positions. He is saying it may not be a sin, but it could be if taken lustfully. Alot of times these different positions are used in pornography.
Where?I have started a new post, your welcome to post what we have talked about here over there or we can continue our conversation over there.
???fpt;9787536:
[explain]???Yes, the act is mutual, but you shouldn’t be using sex for your selfish pleasure. Sex is about giving of yourself to your spouse, not about expecting to receive from your spouse. You may know it gives you pleasure, but your focus should be less on yourself and more on making your spouse feel pleasure. And, being mutual, your spouse should do the same for you, but it should be given of them, not mandated by you.
Do you see what I mean? Both give and receive, but I’m talking about where the attention lies.