NFP is supposed to be good for marriage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anniebananny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually hate discussing this because it is embarrassing and shameful for myself, but I will do so just in case someone is paying attention. I had a problem with this issue. It is the sacramental bonding with my utterly wonderful and beautiful wife that ended this problem, and for reasons I stated earlier. The marital relations I have with my wife are spiritual in nature. If sex is simply viewed as a physical act, this problem will be very difficult to solve, since sex is just another way to “get off.” However, if it is spiritual in nature, everything changes. The spiritual bliss of sacramental marital relations cannot be satisfied with any physical stimulation. When you actually start feeling like a spiritual being, bad physical habits such as this become repulsive.

That’s why that “abstinence is a blessing” message is not resonating with me. To me, it means shunning my spiritual nature, resulting in being tempted with my physical nature.
👍👍👍
 
I actually hate discussing this because it is embarrassing and shameful for myself, but I will do so just in case someone is paying attention. I had a problem with this issue. It is the sacramental bonding with my utterly wonderful and beautiful wife that ended this problem, and for reasons I stated earlier. The marital relations I have with my wife are spiritual in nature. If sex is simply viewed as a physical act, this problem will be very difficult to solve, since sex is just another way to “get off.” However, if it is spiritual in nature, everything changes. The spiritual bliss of sacramental marital relations cannot be satisfied with any physical stimulation. When you actually start feeling like a spiritual being, bad physical habits such as this become repulsive.

That’s why that “abstinence is a blessing” message is not resonating with me. To me, it means shunning my spiritual nature, resulting in being tempted with my physical nature.
You are making perfect sense to me now. Thank you for being bold enough to share. 🙂
And with regards to your last post, the only thing that I would disagree with is when you said that marital relations and marriage are one in the same. They are not. Marriage is the total package, not just the marital act. Grace flows through the sacrament of matrimony, not just through marital sexual relations. I don’t think you meant to imply that, but it did sort of sound that way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top