M
Ms_Manners
Guest
So we agreed to go with NFP, combined with complete abstinence for periods when the reasons to avoid are very serious. (May seem obvious, but my convert fiance wasn’t quite sure at first. He’s in on it now.
)
Now, it seems to me that y’all here had some sort of classes about it.
I am not in the US, I’ve tried, but I really can’t find anything really informative, and definitely nothing interactive here. Can’t even find an OB who knows enough to give me real instructions, I really wouldn’t feel comfortable and safe relying on information from them. The Family Planning Centre, the only one I could dig up, is out of business and has been for ages.
I’ve come across some books, some articles, some instructions, but nowhere to go with the questions, to make sure I’ve got it right…
So I’m looking for resources, but it is important that they are reliable, we cannot afford a come-what-may attitude. (That’s why we know there will have to be periods of complete abstinence, and I don’t mean a week or two, at times.)
Now we will be open to life as much as possible. We’d love to have many many kids, we’d love to throw all caution to the wind, but there are some very real financial limitations, but we are hoping to have at least three kids. The first one even not right away, for the same reasons, and the others will have to be spaced.
Do you have any places I could ask or turn to?
Maybe even something like those on-line college courses? An expert who would do Skype?
I know our deacon and his wife do it, and I know my GP is Catholic, but not informed enough to give me a proper training on it, so I’m getting desperate and actually considering asking them if I could talk to their wives.
Also, a big question…
We are not married yet, and not intimate until then. But do I need to start keeping track of things before the big day? How long does it take to get a good picture of fertile and infertile days?
I need to know whether to pack boardgames for the honeymoon.
Now, it seems to me that y’all here had some sort of classes about it.
I am not in the US, I’ve tried, but I really can’t find anything really informative, and definitely nothing interactive here. Can’t even find an OB who knows enough to give me real instructions, I really wouldn’t feel comfortable and safe relying on information from them. The Family Planning Centre, the only one I could dig up, is out of business and has been for ages.
I’ve come across some books, some articles, some instructions, but nowhere to go with the questions, to make sure I’ve got it right…
So I’m looking for resources, but it is important that they are reliable, we cannot afford a come-what-may attitude. (That’s why we know there will have to be periods of complete abstinence, and I don’t mean a week or two, at times.)
Now we will be open to life as much as possible. We’d love to have many many kids, we’d love to throw all caution to the wind, but there are some very real financial limitations, but we are hoping to have at least three kids. The first one even not right away, for the same reasons, and the others will have to be spaced.
Do you have any places I could ask or turn to?
Maybe even something like those on-line college courses? An expert who would do Skype?
I know our deacon and his wife do it, and I know my GP is Catholic, but not informed enough to give me a proper training on it, so I’m getting desperate and actually considering asking them if I could talk to their wives.
Also, a big question…
We are not married yet, and not intimate until then. But do I need to start keeping track of things before the big day? How long does it take to get a good picture of fertile and infertile days?
I need to know whether to pack boardgames for the honeymoon.