Nick cannon fired over “anti Semitic comments“

  • Thread starter Thread starter RhodesianSon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RhodesianSon

Guest


“ Those without dark skin have a “deficiency” that historically forced them to act out of fear and commit acts of violence to survive, he said.

“They had to be savages,” Nick said, adding that he was referring to “Jewish people, white people, Europeans,” among others.”
 
Last edited:
Not sure why anti-Semitic is put in quotes - the comments were racist and anti-Semitic.
 
Yeah, I stopped paying attention to Mariah’s amours after she divorced Tommy Mottola, a guy whose name was in the credits of a whole lotta albums from my youth.
 
No type of racism/prejudice is ok and he is guilty of many.
 
Last edited:
Answering your question (name removed by moderator). Fox has said Cannon’s job with The Masked Singer is safe.
“When we were made aware of Nick Cannon’s interview with Richard Griffin on YouTube, we immediately began a dialogue with Nick,” FOX said in a statement on Wednesday. “He is clear and remorseful that his words were wrong and lacked both understanding and context, and inadvertently promoted hate. This was important for us to observe. Nick has sincerely apologized, and quickly taken steps to educate himself and make amends. On that basis and given a belief that this moment calls for dialogue, we will move forward with Nick and help him advance this important conversation, broadly. Fox condemns all forms of hate directed toward any community and we will combat bigotry of any kind.”
 
Last edited:
Was he regurgitating talking points from the so-called Black Israelite movement? About blacks being the ‘real’ Jews? (And therefore Jews being imposters?)
 
Last edited:
Was he regurgitating talking points from the so-called Black Israelite movement? About blacks being the ‘real’ Jews?
That’s what it sounds like he is doing. I have a friend whose son got sucked into some variation of that movement at college this past year. Now the young man spouts all types of conspiracy theory level stuff. He thinks all white people are evil. 😔

He’s also sucked into the conspiracy theories of 5G cell phones and Covid-19.

Nick is asserting that Viacom does not respect the power of the black community because of they way they fired him and for not allowing any ads on Breanna Tahlor or George Floyd.
 
I’m always amazed when people realize celebrities aren’t necessarily very smart. Nick Cannon may be a good television host. Doesn’t mean he’s not a moron.
 
I’m not amazed at him not being smart, I’m amazed at all the terrible things he said but only one of them being listed as the reason for termination.
 
Yeah the outrage does seem a little muted. He said some really out there stuff.
 
“They had to be savages,” Nick said, adding that he was referring to “Jewish people, white people, Europeans,” among others.”
The bigotry in this obviously extends beyond anti-semitism, but I’ll just assume this person spoke with a definite, direct focus on Jews that wasn’t quoted here. Otherwise it would be wrong for the company to not include racist statements against whites and Europeans as a reason for firing him.
 
Last edited:
I heard that show was being cancelled because making the singers wear masks violated their constitutional rights!
 
I think Fox should be recognized for their willingness to hear this guy out. I read some of his comments and they are full out disgusting.
Fox’s approach, according to this writing, is quite the opposite of the cancel approach we are seeing from progressives.
Good for Fox.
 
Last edited:
I think Fox should be recognized for their willingness to hear this guy out. I read some of his comments and they are full out disgusting.
Fox’s approach, according to this writing, is quite the opposite of the cancel approach we are seeing from progressives.
Good for Fox.
I disagree. The problem with cancel culture isn’t that “cancellations” happen. It’s that people get “cancelled” for relatively minor stuff, or stuff they said when they were 17. That doesn’t mean that “cancellations” are NEVER warranted.

This wasn’t a joke that was a little over the line or an unsubstantiated decades old rumor. This was blatant racism. If someone had said “black people are less than white people and closer to animals” that person would have been fired immediately, and rightly so.

Nick Cannon deserves to be shown the door for this one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top