No longer silent is Robert Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamek

New member
Robert Sarah opens his new book with the following:
“I can no longer be silent…Christians are disoriented…The Church is experiencing the dark night of the soul. The mystery of iniquity is enveloping and blinding her.”

If these “alarmist” words were not those of Cardinal Sarah, I would be the first to dismiss them outright. But, these are the words of a highly respectable churchman.

I just picked up my copy of his “The day is now far spent” and after reading these words I felt like I was reading someone who understands. This man gets it. He can see where others refuse to look.
I am almost afraid to keep reading this book, but I have to.
 
Last edited:
Robert Sarah opens his new book with the following:
“I can no longer be silent…Christians are disoriented…”
His previous book was called The Power of Silence and now he has decided he “can no longer be silent”?

There’s no ambiguity there?
 
Can you do a thread on the entire book and not just on the first line? This sounds like sensationalism.

And this isn’t to disrespect Cardinal Sarah
 
What you write is disrespect to Cardinal Sarah. As far as doing a thread, I think there are some out there already, but if you want to read the book, we can start discussing it here.
 
You know there are many paradoxes in our faith. There is power in silence, but that doesn’t mean we should always remain silent.
 
Do not let your heart be troubled. The Church has survived worse than this - and will survive worse yet.
 
No idol. Just a man with something important to say about the church and the world. Try reading before passing judgment.
 
Robert Sarah opens his new book with the following:
“I can no longer be silent…Christians are disoriented…The Church is experiencing the dark night of the soul. The mystery of iniquity is enveloping and blinding her.”
What is the name of the book you speak of?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top