No longer silent is Robert Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Adamek:
Robert Sarah opens his new book with the following:
“I can no longer be silent…Christians are disoriented…”
His previous book was called The Power of Silence and now he has decided he “can no longer be silent”?

There’s no ambiguity there?
From The power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise:
“Although speech characterizes man, silence is what defines him, because speech acquires sense only in terms of this silence.”
So logically after silence comes speech.
 
Last edited:
I read. I still don’t understand the purpose of this thread.

So Cardinal Sarah says we are in a Dark Night of the Soul

Ohhh, we must believe it!

But I don’t believe it. The weekend I was part of a retreat, and, while the attendants were relatively few, they understood the message from Jesus really well. Later, the Mass was filled with people, with families. And of course, God was present in all of this, specially in the Eucharist. The Church cannot be in a Dark Night. God doesn’t move, as Saint Teresa says. The Holy Spirit doesn’t move. The Gates don’t prevail.

We have hope. He is with us.
 
Last edited:
Just unmuted this thread, and I am glad to see this article.
 
People who portray him as an opponent of Pope Francis are being used by the devil to help divide the Church.

https://www.thecatholicuniverse.com...se-the-pope-is-to-be-outside-the-church-38390

https://catholicherald.co.uk/news/2...-oppose-the-pope-is-to-be-outside-the-church/

 
The devil is afraid of being called by his name. He likes to drape himself in the fog of ambiguity.” (page 15)
You can say that again

Cdl Sarah is an incredible educated man, honest and honorable. All the progressives in the media line up against him. What’s new :roll_eyes:
 
Last edited:
Do not let your heart be troubled. The Church has survived worse than this - and will survive worse yet.
This is not to imply that error should not be pointed out where it exists. But, the Serenity Prayer and prayer in general is our best weapon. Speaking with our Heavenly Father is always beneficial and His Church sees to it that we have many reasons to speak with Him.
 
True. Which is why he almost certainly will never be one, though I hope I’m wrong.
 
“In the history of the Church, the “little remnant” is what has saved the faith. A few believers who remained faithful to God and to his covenant. They are the stump that will always revive so that the tree does not die.” (Cardinal Sarah - The Day is now far spent, page 29)
 
He addresses that -In his last book he invited us to silence. He can no longer and must no longer remain silent (not quoted). I’m on page 52 and loving it so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top