Hello Richard,
I see that you have the belief that one must be in the Catholic church for salvation and thought I’d share with you the reason for the hope that lies within me. I’m not Catholic, but I have a deep faith in Jesus Christ, trusting in Him for my salvation.
Years ago I came to the realization that I was lost in my sins which separated me from God. I heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and came to believe in Him, that He took the punishment for my sins on the cross, was buried and rose again. In a nutshell that gospel message can be found here:
Romans 3:21-26 – “But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.”
| needed to repent and continue to live a life of repentance to the day I die. When I stumble, I can confess my sins to Christ, our High Priest. I rely on the promises of God in His word to help me and keep me in the faith. He continues to forgive me when I stumble: " 1 John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
I know there are many who believe Once Saved Always Saved, but I believe that one must stay in the faith and continue to love Jesus and keep His word.
John 14: 23, 24 – “Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.”
I hope this will help you to understand that there are people of faith in Christ that are not in the Catholic church.