S
Shaolen
Guest
My Baptist brother has told me this:
"“The faithful are required to accept with the divine and Catholic faith all which the Church presents either as solemn decision or as general teaching. Yet not all teachings are dogma. The faithful are only required to accept those teachings as dogma, if the Church clearly and specifically identifies them as infallible dogmas.[4] If a Catholic were to willfully deny any particular dogma they know is taught dogmatically by the Church, they would no longer be a part of the Church, since heresy immediately separates one from the Church.”
That quote up above from the wikipedia page on Catholic Dogmas, I think is the main reason to why I am not a Catholic. No where did Christ say one must willfully agree with every dogma that is taught by this church in order to get into heaven."
How should I respond to this?
"“The faithful are required to accept with the divine and Catholic faith all which the Church presents either as solemn decision or as general teaching. Yet not all teachings are dogma. The faithful are only required to accept those teachings as dogma, if the Church clearly and specifically identifies them as infallible dogmas.[4] If a Catholic were to willfully deny any particular dogma they know is taught dogmatically by the Church, they would no longer be a part of the Church, since heresy immediately separates one from the Church.”
That quote up above from the wikipedia page on Catholic Dogmas, I think is the main reason to why I am not a Catholic. No where did Christ say one must willfully agree with every dogma that is taught by this church in order to get into heaven."
How should I respond to this?