Noah's Ark - True Story or Fiction?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reneewood
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no reason to believe Noah and the Ark are not true.

God bless,
Ed
 
It’s one thing to suggest that God permits sin, disease, atrocities, etc., because of our free will, but quite another to say that he deliberately drowned all humankind (except Noah’s family), that God ordered Joshua and Saul to slaughter the innocent, or that David was greater than Saul because “Saul has killed his thousands but David his ten thousands!”
Code:
I consider blaming such outrages against the innocent on God (and in complete defiance of his own commandments) as a vile slander against my eternal Father who is properly characterized as a God of love, justice, mercy, etc. If you can believe in such a vengeful deity, go ahead, but I have to dissent strongly. Certainly that god has nothing to do with Jesus who asked us to forgive one another and even love our enemies.
I don’t think it’s smart for us to say what the Almighty may or may not do. As a matter of fact, in Leviticus 19, the Lord says to love thy neighbor, and goes on to say later in the same chapter to love the stranger among you as yourself. This is the little gleam of love, which Jesus Christ personifies in the NT. And, Jesus Christ in the NT blasted the fig tree outside Jerusalem for not bearing fruit and also took a whip and chased the money changers out of his Father’s House. There is a spark of the wrathful God in the OT. Both OT and NT confirm the majesty, wrath, mercy, justice, sterness, holiness, glory, wisdom, etc of God Most High the Holy Trinity. It’s all the same God. God created life, and only He may end it because He made it. It’s not smart to judge Him for either the creating nor the ending of life, individually nor nationally, nor globally.
 
Flood stories also occur in Native American legends, Pacific Island legends, and East Asian legends, which could mean that there was a worldwide flood, or that there have been many floods at different times in different places and so people have written stories about them.

Had there been a worldwide flood, it should be very evident in the geological record, which it is not except to diehard fundamentalists.
I am a fundamentalist, but I do not think I am “diehard”, however, the Cretaceous layer covers the whole World, and I think I right in saying it can only form under water, so is it not proof of flooding of whole World at same time. Please forgive me if I wrong.regard, O.N
 
The creationist answer is viz “if there really was a worldwide flood what would the evidence be - millions of dead things buried in sedimentary layers laid down by water all over the earth”.So what is the evidence but “millions of dead things buried in sedimentary rock layers laid down by water all over the earth” - considering sedimentary rock layers cover over 70%of the earth’s surface enuff said,is enuff said - amen and out
 
Apologies for digging up an old topic. Must remember to look at the date before posting.
 
I have no reason to believe Noah and the Ark are not true.

God bless,
Ed
Every person alive today owes a debt of gratitude to Noah and his family since all peoples are descended from them, whether they like it or not. Noah followed the word of God and aren’t we all grateful.
They say hell is full of believers, God is not looking for believers, he is looking for those that believe and do what His word says.
 
Nevermind, old topic
You’re quite right of course “razredge”. A bit of a conundrum really, when one thinks about it; I mean, Noah’s Ark - old topic, but even more topical today. I’m sure it would have been on quite a few minds during your country’s “Katrina” crisis (and your recent devastating floods), and of course the more recent tsunami terror in Japan. In Noah’s day, repentance & a return to God were required in order to prevent the judgement of The Flood, but what can we say about Katrina and the Japanese tsunami? Could man have done anything to avert those tragedies? I tend to think that man, since the “Industrial Revolution”, has created the environment, (both actual and political) in which those disasters can, have and will happen. An interesting side topic, which may require a new thread, what imput, if any, did the Catholic, and all other churches have into the RIO Earth Summit (1992), and what noticable effect has that summit had.

Protector “potius ingenio quam vi”
 
An interesting side topic, which may require a new thread, what imput, if any, did the Catholic, and all other churches have into the RIO Earth Summit (1992), and what noticable effect has that summit had.

Protector “potius ingenio quam vi”
Oops! There is already a group discussing that very subject, “Climate change - a Catholic responsibility?” Very interesting!

Protector.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top