C
CeciliaS
Guest
Hello!
I am in the midst of an on-line Bible course which, unfortunately, doesn’t allow me to ask any specific questions. So I am putting the question out to any of you who might be able to help me.
The course discusses Salvation History, and mentions Noah’s fall, without really being specific. As if it were obvious that Noah fell, and let’s go on. I don’t understand specifically what Noah’s fall consists of. When Noah got drunk and his son “uncovered his father’s nakedness”, was that not Noah’s SON turning away from God? It is stated that the expression is an old Hebrew idiomatic expression for incest, meaning that Noah’s son slept with Noah’s wife, implying that he was usurping Noah’s authority.
When I tried to find out more, I found more than a few Fundamentalist sites that made no mention of this interpretation, insisting instead that Noah’s fall consists of his having sinned BY BRINGING GRAPE VINES OR SEEDS ONTO THE ARK, WHEN HE KNEW THAT GOD WOULDN’T WANT FOR HIM TO PLANT GRAPEVINES AND MAKE WINE, or, in other words, Noah’s fall consists of his having saved the grape species, and making wine afterwards, since drinking alcohol is a terrible sin.
This interpretation is useful in that laughing lifts my spirit, but I am still stuck with my original question: what is meant by the fall of Noah?
CeciliaS
I am in the midst of an on-line Bible course which, unfortunately, doesn’t allow me to ask any specific questions. So I am putting the question out to any of you who might be able to help me.
The course discusses Salvation History, and mentions Noah’s fall, without really being specific. As if it were obvious that Noah fell, and let’s go on. I don’t understand specifically what Noah’s fall consists of. When Noah got drunk and his son “uncovered his father’s nakedness”, was that not Noah’s SON turning away from God? It is stated that the expression is an old Hebrew idiomatic expression for incest, meaning that Noah’s son slept with Noah’s wife, implying that he was usurping Noah’s authority.
When I tried to find out more, I found more than a few Fundamentalist sites that made no mention of this interpretation, insisting instead that Noah’s fall consists of his having sinned BY BRINGING GRAPE VINES OR SEEDS ONTO THE ARK, WHEN HE KNEW THAT GOD WOULDN’T WANT FOR HIM TO PLANT GRAPEVINES AND MAKE WINE, or, in other words, Noah’s fall consists of his having saved the grape species, and making wine afterwards, since drinking alcohol is a terrible sin.
This interpretation is useful in that laughing lifts my spirit, but I am still stuck with my original question: what is meant by the fall of Noah?
CeciliaS