Normalizing suicide

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Error has no rights. I will continue to fight against all these travesties.
Please do. No one tries to prevent you from standing up for what you believe. Can we expect the same courtesy from you? A simple “yes” or “no” will be sufficient. 😉
 
I find it uplifting and dignified. We would not permit a pet to suffer needlessly, so we should respect a fellow human being even more, and prevent needless suffering.
Human life is more precious than animal life. Taking life, even if to “prevent suffering”, is far from dignified. There is no dignity in purposely ending life
 
Having seen several members of my family descend into dementia because of Alzheimer’s, I can see someone considering assisted suicide for themselves if they were in the early stages of Alzheimer’s. In my opinion, the person eventually stops being who they once were. I certainly wouldn’t want to spend several years gradually declining to where most of the qualities that make me who I am would disappear including all my memories.
 
Last edited:
Human life is more precious than animal life. Taking life, even if to “prevent suffering”, is far from dignified. There is no dignity in purposely ending life
Sorry, that is an opinion that I don’t share. Precisely because human life is more precious, that is why it needs a dignified “exit”. But don’t worry. If you would be in a similar situation (God forbid!) you will be allowed to extend your suffering if you so choose.
 
And how, exactly, would you put the brakes on assisted suicide so innocent people would not be done to death or feel pressured to agree to it?
By making sure - as much as we can - that they can make their own decisions. Personally, both my wife and I have living wills, and if either one of us would be in this kind of very sad position, we trust each other to respect our wishes. I have no problem with having any life support to be removed. As I matter of fact I would have no problem with getting a fatal dose of medication.
 
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Last edited:
And I will let you suffer while praying you may be saved rather than send yourself to hell along with whoever assists you.
 
And I will let you suffer while praying you may be saved rather than send yourself to hell along with whoever assists you.
How kind of you. I am already looking forward to the precursor of the eternal flames, that your non-intervention will bring forth on me. Too bad that God’s will cannot be influenced. If he will save me, that is fine. If he does not will to save me, all the prayers in the world cannot sway his will… at least that this what I was told, in no uncertain terms. Don’t forget that I don’t believe in last moment conversions. And being a non-believer is already a mortal sin. Since I already heard the “good news”, I cannot claim the excuse of invincible ignorance.
 
40.png
Wesrock:
Classical liberal philosophy at work, and no reason we need to abide by it.
Of course not. However, it is not a good idea to demand respect, and not be respectful toward others.
It’s not respectful to the dignity of a person to tolerate their cooperation in grave evil. You use the word respect, but even if that’s what you believe, it’s not what you’re advocating. Quite the contrary.
 
Last edited:
The choice will forever be yours as all the grace you need will have been provided.

Ignorance can’t get one into heaven: it isn’t a secret back door. Heaven requires sanctifying grace. Ignorance only reduces one’s culpability for sin, lessening the punishment of hell, and you’re correct, you surely are not ignorant about the means of getting to heaven. I’m sorry it’s a source of pride to you. I’d say I’d pray for you but I’m terrible about praying for strangers more than just at the moment. But I’ll still offer an our Father, hail Mary and glory be for you now. You’ll get the grace, it’s up to you to go with it. Your choice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top