L
LeapIntoFaith
Guest
Hi Everyone,
Hope this is the right place to post this… if not, please move as required
Firstly, I really love beautiful, made to last a lifetime bibles
I’ve searched seemingly everywhere on the internet and I can not find a single RSV-CE in genuine leather. There are a few bonded leather versions but I really like the genuine leather feel and quality. I see some very nice DR genuine leather bibles but no RSV-CE. Is there just no demand? The priest at the parish I’ve started going to said RSVCE is the way to go.
Now, I think I understand the differences between the DR and RSVCE (they’ve been discussed here 1000 times and I’ve read the threads). But I do like the KJV and so I was thinking of getting the Haydock DR to satisfy that desire - as well I’ve read the commentary is excellent.
The Priest also suggested I get the (I think) Jerusalem Bible as a study bible.
I’m nearly at the point of just getting a nice genuine leather DR (I enjoy the language of KJV so I think I’ll enjoy this)
What do you think? Will someone new to the church be lost without the RSVCE? Should I just cave and get a bonded leather version? Is the JB a good study bible?
Thanks in advance for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
Hope this is the right place to post this… if not, please move as required
Firstly, I really love beautiful, made to last a lifetime bibles
I’ve searched seemingly everywhere on the internet and I can not find a single RSV-CE in genuine leather. There are a few bonded leather versions but I really like the genuine leather feel and quality. I see some very nice DR genuine leather bibles but no RSV-CE. Is there just no demand? The priest at the parish I’ve started going to said RSVCE is the way to go.
Now, I think I understand the differences between the DR and RSVCE (they’ve been discussed here 1000 times and I’ve read the threads). But I do like the KJV and so I was thinking of getting the Haydock DR to satisfy that desire - as well I’ve read the commentary is excellent.
The Priest also suggested I get the (I think) Jerusalem Bible as a study bible.
I’m nearly at the point of just getting a nice genuine leather DR (I enjoy the language of KJV so I think I’ll enjoy this)
What do you think? Will someone new to the church be lost without the RSVCE? Should I just cave and get a bonded leather version? Is the JB a good study bible?
Thanks in advance for your (name removed by moderator)ut.