S
SolaScriptura
Guest
Yes, probably not.Probably not as familiar?
I’ve Rome Sweet Home and some of his articles, don’t remember exactly where.Let me ask you an honest question. What books, articles have read of Dr. Hahn’s?
I read his debate on justification.What tape series have you listened to?
None.What seminars have you attended?
1 of 2.My assumption is that you might have listened to “Protestant Minister Becomes Catholic.” You might have even read “Rome Sweet Home.”
Not debating doesn’t mean one is not an apologist.In his early days, while producing these, he was indeed an apologist. That is not the case anymore. Dr. Hahn is not an apologist. He has no desire to debate.
Yes, I’ve heard about his theology of the Holy Spirit being the feminine side of the Trinity.He has the desire to dig deeper into the theology of the Catholic Church and that laid out in Scripture.
What seminarian doesn’t? I’ve actually read stuff at the dissertation level. Is that supposed to be impressive?Dr. Hahn has read at a dissertation level since before his dissertation.
Once again I know a number of people like that. I have a Pastor friend who is not scholar, but has a library that will rival many scholars.That is decades worth of reading at that level. Most people stop after the completion of their dissertation. He continues to this day. His library is going to end up being one of the greatest private collections of books in this century.
He is not a scholar and I didn’t call him a “mere apologist”, but a master apologistThat is how he was defined in reference to his book on covenant theology.
Easy. First, if you read any scholarly work on a subject you become aware of other scholars even if you don’t read them. They are interacted with and mentioned in footnotes. I’ve read scholarly works on the Covenant and I’ve never heard anyone mentioned Dr Hahn. Secondly, you can tell by who the book appeals to if it is a scholarly book. Scholarly works are not read in mass by the general public. Finally, if you claim he is no longer an apologist, but instead a scholar then the onus is on you to prove this assertion. and not for me to blindly accept it. By the way I’m aware of Roman Catholic scholar on covenant, Dennis McCarthy. He is deceased now I think, but I’m familiar with him because he is mentioned by the scholars.Actually, And if you have not read anything from him, or attended one of his conferences, what do you know about him that would allow you to come to such a conclusion?