…and I assume receiving communion from a pedophilic priest in the Roman church is valid, huh?
Okay so will I be going to hell for all eternity because I received holy communion at a church that makes me feel more reverent?
Oh my my my. Looks like it doesn’t matter that old heresies have been long disproven. . .people are ready to fall for them if they’re dressed up with the 20th/21st century ‘trapping’. As a Catholic, you should be familar with the heresy of Donatism. . .the idea that a priest must be ‘in a state of grace’ in order for him to be able to confect a sacrament.
If you go to hell for all eternity (and I’m not saying you’re even heading there), it will be because you willingly chose to send yourself there.
Truth is not comfortable sometimes. Truth, for example, says that in a valid marriage, it is ‘until death do us part.’ Not, “until I fall in love with somebody else.” Or, "until I decide otherwise’.
Truth, you see, doesn’t concern itself with whether one ‘feels good’ about it. It doesn’t ‘feel good’ to stick something out when you
want something else.
Early Christian martyrs, and thank God for them, were offered all kinds of ‘good things’ if they denied Christ, and were threatened with all kinds of torture if they didn’t.
By the standard of the “but I need to FEEL good” crowd, they were stupid. Surely God would have ‘forgiven’ them, right? Why did they ‘allow’ themselves to be tortured and killed instead of just
doing the easy thing and taking the easy way out and thinking God would just ‘accept’ it?
As a Catholic, you either play by Catholic rules (which are good and Godly), and try to be a good Catholic. . .or you play by YOUR (not you personally, Brushed) rules, defy the Catholic teachings in favor of what makes you ‘feel good’, and become a not-very-faithful Catholic.
The kind who says to Christ, “But gee, Lord, I went to the service that made me feel good, and it was about YOU. Wasn’t that good enough? Why would you want me to do something I DIDN"T WANT TO DO, God? And now you want me to be sorry for not following your will? What does it MATTER, God, whether I do YOUR will or not? If I say that this church which I ‘feel better’ about is where I want to be, then it SHOULD be your will and if not, too bad. . .”