not happy at mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisetree
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
originally posted by BrushedByAngels
Okay so will I be going to hell for all eternity because I received holy communion at a church that makes me feel more reverent? :rolleyes:
Once again with the “going to hell for all eternity” because I want to do what I want to do and do that which makes me feel good!
originally posted by chrisetree
This thread has gotten completely off topic!!

Again, I stand by my posts.

The rhetoric and ignorance and lack of compassion on here reminds me of why I want to quit going the the RC anyway. reeks
The topic was that you are not happy at Mass and then ,that you are happy at an aog protestant church.
Apparently you came on here to have people tell you that you should do whatever makes you feel good or makes you happy. May I remind you, this IS a Catholic site. I read nothing at all that smacked of ignorance, a lack of compassion or that reeked. You are angry because you have been offered advice that you have no interest in taking and have received responses that are not supporting your already made decision to leave The One Holy Catholic Church.
It is evident from your supposition that protestants are destined for hell -per HMC, that you have been poorly catachized
I believe your decision was made before you ever posted and once again, why did you start this thread?
 
i am not happy at mass. I dont really know why, exactly. I pretty much feel like I warm a pew. Should I quit?
The cure is church involvement. Though I typically dislike involvement due to my sin of laziness, when I do, the interest level increases ten-fold. God wires us such that when we push our comfort zones to uncomfortable places, we actually start feeling more alive. A JFK quote (paraphrase). “Ask not what your church can do for you, but what can you do for the church.” :blessyou::ballspin:
 
Just to clarify, I was NOT the one who said Protestants are destined to hell. I came out in SUPPORT of protestants!!!

I don’t really know what I am going to do. I guess i was reaching out to see if someone could convince me to stay with the RC. Not happening.

I don’t think I will join another church either. I think I need some time away. Maybe to see if church really matters in my life. I have gone to church for 36 years. And I am still NOT happy at mass. So why stay?
 
If you’re not happy at Mass perhaps you are looking for the wrong thing in Mass? I don’t know, really, because you’ve never really given much explanation of anything other than that you are unhappy and want to leave.

I’ve heard many similar things from people for many different reasons. Some of them go to sedevecantism (sp?), some leave the church. I suggest neither of course, but I do have one suggestion…

If there is a church near you that has Eucharistic Adoration, go to it. Spend some time in front of the Blessed Sacrament and pray to God for help. I recently read an article about someone in much the same situation as you who was convinced by a friend to do this and it helped her, helped her become a good Catholic who loved the Church and wanted to become more involved in it.

What’s to lose in trying it? Nothing.
 
I guess i was reaching out to see if someone could convince me to stay with the RC. … I don’t think I will join another church either. I think I need some time away. Maybe to see if church really matters in my life.
I would love for you to stay with (and in) the Catholic Church, the Church that Christ founded. However, I’m not sure you’re aware of the gravity of “church”. The Church is the Body of Christ, the Body of which you desire to be a member, right? That means the Church does really matter in your life, if Christ matters.
 
i am not happy at mass. I dont really know why, exactly. I pretty much feel like I warm a pew. Should I quit?
No.

Realize these Truths:
  1. Communal Worship is a task, and one required of us by God. It is through the Church that this is accomplished.
  2. The Catholic Church is 22 different “Churches Sui Iuris” in union with the Pope and each other, comprising 6 distinct rites, and dozens of subrites.
  3. Catholics of any of those 22 churches may participate in the liturgies of any of the 22 churches.
  4. Several of those churches have considerable variation in their praxis. Most especially the Roman.
If there are Catholic Parishes of the other Rites in your area, perhaps you should visit and experience other forms of Catholic Worship.

I was at that point 23 years ago. I’ve not been at that point in 22 years… since an encounter with the local Ruthenian priest… and a prompt arrangement for a ride to church.

The Church retains its diversity for many reasons. The permission to participate in any of the 22 Churches’ 30+ distinct liturgies is a concession to peoples varied needs in the expressions surrounding the Holy Sacrifice.

If you can’t thrive where you are planted, the Church is a wide garden, so there’s no need to cross the street.
 
I guess i was reaching out to see if someone could convince me to stay with the RC. Not happening.
I’m surprised at this reaction considering some of the charitable and sound advice you’ve been given. Time away isn’t going to change truth so make this decision prayerfully. Try some of the suggestions from people in this thread such as the post above mine and pray in humility for a change of heart.
 
Whatever. I have other issues with the RC as well.

I think, (as freespirited as this may sound) I do not need to belong to a specific
denomination. Just be me and maybe not even have ANY religion in my life. I don’t feel close to god anyway.
 
Whatever. I have other issues with the RC as well.

I think, (as freespirited as this may sound) I do not need to belong to a specific
denomination. Just be me and maybe not even have ANY religion in my life. I don’t feel close to god anyway.
You certainly aren’t going to feel close to God if you give up. As someone said, try some of the suggestions.
 
originally posted by chrisetree
Just to clarify, I was NOT the one who said Protestants are destined to hell. I came out in SUPPORT of protestants!!!
Read your post below.
originally posted by chrisetree
Dad o six…we are all God’s children. If he is going to condemn protestants into hell for not being catholic, then I don’t need to go to heaven and be with a God like that.
originally posted by chrisetree
Whatever. I have other issues with the RC as well
.

And…there it is.

Since you have “issues” with The Church established by Jesus Christ, I suggest you take your “issues” up with Christ Himself through a priest and a lot of prayer.
Questioning faceless internet posters will solve none of your “issues” since other than that you think God (capital G) “condemns protestants into hell”, we have no way of knowing what your “issues” might be.
And, as I mentioned in an earlier post, you do not seem to have been well catechized, So,as well as prayer and a chat with a priest, You may also want to peruse a copy of the Catechism.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top