Now this from Biden

  • Thread starter Thread starter Horton
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
People don’t show up to vote against someone.
They show up to vote for someone.
I havent voted FOR someone since I voted for Clinton. Since then it’s been “NOT the Democrat”.
 
I havent voted FOR someone since I voted for Clinton. Since then it’s been “NOT the Democrat”.
I admire your honesty 👍 … and I totally understand the sentiment 🤔… and you also made me laugh 😅

WELL DONE Boatswain2PA 😀
 
That is really scary. That there are people in this country, Catholics in this country who care so little for others you would vote for a man who professes to be a Catholic, yet fights against every Catholic teaching at every turn. I can’t believe there are people who would turn this country over to the puppet masters behind Biden to take away the freedoms we have now so they can gain total control.

I will have to up my prayer life to pray for protection against the evil the left wants and for the souls of those who will stand by and let it happen.
 
I’m actually glad he made this statement. Now there is no excuse for people to say, “He never said that”, or “Why would you think he would make changes to the law” etc.
They’re probably still going to vote for Biden.

This isn’t going to convert any of your cafeteria Catholics to good, salvation worthy Republican-Catholics. This appeals to the roughly 5-10% of American Catholics who were going to vote for the Republican candidate regardless of what the Democratic candidate said or did because the GOP at least gives lip-service on banning abortion.

Exactly zero (0) people are going to change their vote from this.
 
It is not just Catholic Biden …

But Catholic Pelosi. Catholic Kaine, Catholic Ted Kennedy,

in fact it is nearly every Catholic “Generic Democrat”

along with the anti-Catholic Democratic Platform Planks
 
Ryan, McCarthy, and I believe Cruz are all Republican Catholics. I’m sure there are many others.
 
And I believe that all of them are pro-Life … and yes, I believe that there are more …

Also, I am sure that someone can find a pro-abortion Republican and love to throw that at us - perhaps even a Catholic . but they are as rare as [if not more rare] than the pro-Life Democrat
 
People don’t show up to vote against someone.
They show up to vote for someone.

To expect people to vote for you, you need the people excited to pull that lever for you.
That will be why Biden wins because they want Trump out of office badly enough that they are willing to replace him with literally anyone else.
 
Last edited:
I’ll let God judge me, not some holier than thou guy on the internet.
 
That will be why Biden wins because they want Trump out of office badly enough that they are willing to replace with literally anyone else.
Or, people will see that both candidates are terribly flawed people, and then look at the policies they promise to implement.

Trump: Reduce abortion every chance he can, lower taxes, decrease regulation, reduce government, reduce wars, free trade without getting the short end of every trade agreement, conservative judges, border control, and “I Love America!”

Biden: Abortion on demand, higher taxes, more regulation, cradle to grave government support/interference in your life, Dems like war as much as Republicans, trade? What’s that??, liberal judges, open borders, globalization, and “America is racist!”

Two terrible candidates, so one has to ask what positions they will take.
 
That is good to hear, assuming you mean people on twitter don’t support Biden in this; my point was Biden supporters around here don’t seem to care if he wants to stamp out religious freedom. I’d think twitter users in general would be more in favor of restricting the freedom of religion in favor of something like who pays for contraception, even though the former is historically and constitutionally a much more well protected and sacred right.
 
That is good to hear, assuming you mean people on twitter don’t support Biden in this;
I do not support Biden in this, although the way the OP was presented is fallacious.
my point was Biden supporters around here don’t seem to care if he wants to stamp out religious freedom.
I care very much, though your point starts with an assumption.

I would like to address what I see as problematic here, but regretfully, the recent spate of retaliatory flagging from those with no more argument, always from Trump supporters here, has left me reticent to argue any point successfully.
 
I would like to address what I see as problematic here, but regretfully, the recent spate of retaliatory flagging from those with no more argument, always from Trump supporters here, has left me reticent to argue any point successfully.
I’ve seen more retaliatory flagging from those opposed to Trump than anything.
 
Last edited:
Sorry about the flagging - I get nailed often; not sure if someone is doing it or if it is auto-flag. You are one of the longtime posters here and very honorable and honest in your posts, from my vantage point, so did not mean to sweep you in particular up in my net. I think folks know the types of posters I refer to. I’d list them, but that would get flagged.
 
The number of people who drop flags on posts just because they disagree is disturbing.

There should be some punishment for abuse of the report feature. Maybe a three day time out or something.
 
Last edited:
The number of people who drop flags on posts just because they disagree is disturbing.

There should be some punishment for abuse of the report feature. Maybe a three day time out or something.
That is not a bad idea. I think the reason some get flagged is that there are not suppose to be personal attacks on these forums. There are many on these forums who are not catholic. I think when these forums started there were more prayer posted on bottom on each post, all kinds of pictures and neat posts.
 
Last edited:
There were, it was better.

I think I reported a poster once in the 16 years I have been around these boards, and he was posting pornography links (or she). Many are too flag happy.
 
Why is it fake? The Sisters of the Poor just spent 7 years of their life battling this because of Obamacare and now Biden wants to remove their victory?

You think diminishing our capacity to exercise our religious rights is a joke??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top