Obamacare enrollment stymied by exchange glitches

  • Thread starter Thread starter markomalley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken. I’m surprised they didn’t ask for an extension before this. In my state, Illinois, they had to outsource (foreigners) the programming jobs just to meet the Oct. 1 deadline. And that doesn’t sit well with those looking for jobs here.
That would have meant agreeing with Republicans that the system was not ready and their proposal of a delay would have made sense. Rather than even make the appearance of bipartisanship Obama chose to release this mess.
 
Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy
People whose 2014 income will be a little too high to get subsidized health insurance from Covered California next year should start thinking now about ways to lower it to increase their odds of getting the valuable tax subsidy.
“If they can adjust (their income), they should,” says Karen Pollitz, a senior fellow with the Kaiser Family Foundation. “It’s not cheating, it’s allowed.”
 
Point taken. I’m surprised they didn’t ask for an extension before this. In my state, Illinois, they had to outsource (foreigners) the programming jobs just to meet the Oct. 1 deadline. And that doesn’t sit well with those looking for jobs here.
The federal government spent $635,000,000 on their website - to date not one person appears to have enrolled through it.
 
Punish hard work and reward lack of ambition.
America has been doing that for 70 years. In the last 10 it’s gotten really bad. A couple weeks ago we had a laborer tell us he was quitting. His old lady was having thier third child and he could retire on the government benefits.
 
I actually did create an account on health care. Gov. I have employer insurance, so it’s just curiosity. There is actually a plan in Virginia with a nine thousand dollar a month premium. It has to be a mistake.

The other plans are mostly HMOs - I prefer PPOs, but the rates look competitive.

As a health care It software person, I a appalled at the web site and the work flow.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android
 
I actually did create an account on health care. Gov. I have employer insurance, so it’s just curiosity. There is actually a plan in Virginia with a nine thousand dollar a month premium. It has to be a mistake.
They should have copied United Airlines’ system which was showing $0 fares. 😃
 
They should have copied United Airlines’ system which was showing $0 fares. 😃
Yeah, that would have been better. I am shocked that no one from InnovationHealth actually checked thier offerings on the exchange. They are a partnership between Inova Health, the largest hospital system in Northern Virginia and Aetna. You would think they would check. Incredibly embarrassing for them.

I was going to check if the pricing is still there, but I can’t get to my application on healthcare.gov. Wow.
 
There is actually a plan in Virginia with a nine thousand dollar a month premium. It has to be a mistake.
No. The IRS has probably fed in the social security numbers and names of whoever it most suspects of being Tea Party leaders, and as soon as their name or number pops onto the site, it automatically goes to that $9,000 premium and no other. 😃
 
No. The IRS has probably fed in the social security numbers and names of whoever it most suspects of being Tea Party leaders, and as soon as their name or number pops onto the site, it automatically goes to that $9,000 premium and no other. 😃
Heeeeeey!

I am not a tea partier! I am conservative, but not crazy.

What gets me about the Federal marketplace is that it applies to 36 states. The first thing I would have done is made 36 distinct sites. It would have been more manageable.

And, this whole thing uses the largest installation of Oracle Access Manager ever, at CMS. Anytime in the software world you are doing something that is the first or the biggest, run away.
 
Heeeeeey!

I am not a tea partier! I am conservative, but not crazy.

What gets me about the Federal marketplace is that it applies to 36 states. The first thing I would have done is made 36 distinct sites. It would have been more manageable.

And, this whole thing uses the largest installation of Oracle Access Manager ever, at CMS. Anytime in the software world you are doing something that is the first or the biggest, run away.
You nailed it, guy! Wish I had worked on the system with you. 👍
 
I heard a few interesting numbers on the deductibles too.
They may help everyone to forget the $9k premiums.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top