Odd Behavior....

  • Thread starter Thread starter YesORno
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
HagiaSophia:
Oh puhleeze - if you want to leave the thread — go.

If you want to stay and post — go.

Stop with the hateful stuff. Read your own posts and pick out the attitude. We all leave threads when we simply tire of the debating back and forth and we feel we’ve had our say. You don’t have to announce it or give notice.
Thank you. You were much more succinct in your reply than I would have been.
 
40.png
mpav:
Okay, Bush could have leaped to his feet and dashed out of the classroom, scaring the kids and then cooling his heels until everything was in place for his motorcade to leave. Then he would have been criticized for panicking. There are times when security considerations dictate when the President moves. How and why this keeps popping up as an issue I don’t know, except that hatred of Bush is so great, and partisanship runs so high, he must be demonized constantly and every action must be torn apart.
I agree - I too thought of this the day it occured and I was not a supporter of the President then. He needed to remain calm as the leader of the free world and in front of those little kids. Security and organization kept him in the classroom until it could be fully guaranteed it was safe for the President to leave. I find it a bit petty to accuse him of doing nothing those few minutes in the classroom. :twocents:
 
YesORno said:
cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/main/essayaninterestingday.html
When Did Bush Leave the Classroom?

Nearly every news account fails to mention when Bush left the classroom after being told America was under attack. Three mention 9:12 a.m. [New York Times, 9/16/01 (B), Telegraph, 12/16/01, Daily Mail, 9/8/02] Remaining in the classroom for approximately five to seven minutes is inexcusable, but the video of Bush in the classroom suggests he stayed longer than that. The video contains several edits and ends before Bush leaves the room, so it also doesn’t tell us exactly how long he stayed. One newspaper suggested he remained “for eight or nine minutes” - sometime between 9:13 and 9:16, since Card’s arrival is uncertain. [Tampa Tribune, 9/1/02]

When Bush finally did leave, he didn’t act like a man in a hurry. In fact, he was described as "openly stretching out the moment.

I suppose instead of appearing calm, cool and collected he shoulda freaked in front of everyone. :rolleyes:
 
I think you are all acting ridiculous. Start acting like real Catholics instead of a bunch of children.

PUH-LEAZE indeed. (attack of the valley girls!)
 
40.png
Shinobu:
mlchance I don’t like your attitude.
http://home.houston.rr.com/mchance3/rolleyes.gif
40.png
Shinobu:
I have seen numerous posts on this forum where anytime someone says anything against the president many people get up in arms. This is my OPINION. Did I ever state it as fact?
Read like a fact to me. Your exact words:
40.png
Shinobu:
However, one thing I notice on these forums is that just because Bush says he is a religious man it seems he can do no wrong.
Moving right along:
40.png
Shinobu:
I’m sorry but I’m not going to get all the numerous posts just to show you something that is my opinion and no matter how many posts I’d show you it wouldn’t satisfy you anyways.
“All the numerous posts”? Not all. Just one. One post where someone says that President Bush can do no wrong because “he says he is a religious man.”

– Mark L. Chance.
 
Notice:

This thread is now closed. Thanks to all who participated in the discussion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top