OSAS/Calvinism/Armenianism (Again)

  • Thread starter Thread starter exiled
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you’re bending God’s pre-fall words to apply them post-fall.

“there is none righteous, no not one”
Here, the Psalmist is talking about those trying to destroy God’s People - not all people.

For Luke certainly described Zechariah and Elizabeth as Righteous.

Paul described Abraham as righteous.

Find the context of the Psalmist words in Psalms 14 and 53 (I think).
We can discern good from evil.
We can discern good from evil, but we are often blind to the evil within us or our actions. Else, there would have been no need for the 10 commandments.
Ethics from a human point of view. God judges ethics from his point of view.

From your line of reason, you can see where euthanasia can easily follow. They’ve lived a good life. It’s time for them to pass on to the next life.
If you have never been poor, you know nothing. (sorry)
So the woman who gave probably her last 2 cents to the Temple would have been better of dead.

Jesus points out that she was much more alive than the rich who had plenty.
Paul prefered it if people could be like him, but if they couldn’t then to marry.
Paul believed an unmarried person can be closer to God than a married person, this is true.
But Paul’s line of reasoning was that chastity promotes a pure mind. He even suggested it in married couples from time to time.

You sound like he’s saying that conception begets evil.

Haven’t there been 1 or 2 heresies that taught that line of reasoning.
You’re valuing Catholic teaching above Paul’s writings.
One and the same, baby, one and the same!!!
Love,
Rev
God Bless you, Rev!
 
Rev, I wish you could have met Mother Teresa.

She would have tanned your hide for saying the poor would be better off never being born!😉
 
From your line of reason, you can see where euthanasia can easily follow. They’ve lived a good life. It’s time for them to pass on to the next life.
No you miss my point entirely.

I believe in contraception because if you don’t have a child that child can’t go to hell

I care more about the souls of the adults who were children of poverty, and what it did to them!
So the woman who gave probably her last 2 cents to the Temple would have been better of dead.
Jesus points out that she was much more alive than the rich who had plenty.
She could have easily become Barrabas.

The poor that remain in the faith, yes, truly blessed they are.

But they are few.
You sound like he’s saying that conception begets evil.
I’m not sure I’m putting those words in Paul’s mouth but basically it breaks down like this:

If you are poor, don’t marry.
If you marry, don’t have kids.
If not having kids is a sin, don’t marry.
If you marry, then you are what is wrong with the world today.
Haven’t there been 1 or 2 heresies that taught that line of reasoning.
Such as?
One and the same, baby, one and the same!!!
Your biased P.O.V
God Bless you, Rev!
And you, except if you have kids and you’re poor.

Love,
Rev
 
Rev, I wish you could have met Mother Teresa.

She would have tanned your hide for saying the poor would be better off never being born!😉
Mother Teresa would have seen the poor do awful things out of desperation.

She would have seen some die in their sins, knowing they were going to hell.

A soul that doesn’t come to this world can’t go to hell, think about NotWorthy.

If my playing God stops people from going to hell, how is that wrong?

Love,
Rev
 
Rev,
I’m not sure if I can answer every one of your comments, but I’m going to try to in summary. And do not suggest I cannot defend something because I think we’re getting of track, as you did yesterday. We can start another thread on church teachings re: birth control, but this one is supposed to be about OSAS which is why I refrained from commenting on your Columbia example.
As to the souls of the children, which is somewhat on topic, here is my brief answer.
We have grown up (although I don’t know how old you are) in a society where it seems poverty is a crime. The only poverty that is a crime is not knowing, loving and serving God in this life, so that we can be happy with Him in the next.
God revealed Himself through the poor, Joseph and Mary. Jesus also said it is harder for a rich man to enter Heaven than to get through the eye of a needle. Now if the ultimate state of children’s souls is truly your concern, then you would see, right out of the box, that poverty is more of a blessing than riches. Why? Because it is usually when we have nothing that turn to Him and learn to depend on Him. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that worldly riches are good. As for the parents not likely teaching these children about God, don’t you think He takes such things into consideration? The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains it well (although darned if I can find it) that a person’s culpability for themselves/their sins, is partly dependent on what they were taught by those in authority over them in their lives. Yes, there is free will, but God is well aware of the circumstances each one of us is born into.
You cannot take a serious sin onto your soul in a misguided effort to prevent someone else’s sin. You are to do what is right, and your goodness/holiness will be a light in the world to others. If you slip into the same behaviors, regardless of your altruistic motives, you will be no different. God’s commands are to be obeyed even when we think we see a better outcome.
Do you think Peter, in the garden with Jesus, was practicing your kind of philosophy when he tried to defend Jesus from the soldier? What did Jesus say? “Put your sword away, shall I not drink the cup that the Father gave me?” (Jn 18:11) We are to imitate Christ by letting God lead us in life, and our each and every response/action/decision is supposed to reflect our trust in Him.
Because I cannot know what I will do in the future, I will grant that I might miss a Sunday Mass (not likely, but I do not presume to be more clever than Satan) someday, but as we grow we can overcome any desire or commission of what is mortally sinful. Venial sin is a different story, but the mortal sin that is a willful rejection of God’s command we can overcome by the grace of God. This returns us to the original topic…stay tuned. I’m going to try to start another thread to address your other comments.
 
Mother Teresa would have seen the poor do awful things out of desperation.

She would have seen some die in their sins, knowing they were going to hell.

A soul that doesn’t come to this world can’t go to hell, think about NotWorthy.

If my playing God stops people from going to hell, how is that wrong?

Love,
Rev
Mother Teresa berated the US for her contraception laws and how they begat 3 million abortions a year.

Harvard had asked her to talk at their graduation ceremonies one year, and she gave them hell.

If anyone has ever seen the horros of the poor first hand, it’s her.

Pope Pius, I don’t know which one but the one of the 50’s and 60’s, did the same thing back when the Pill came about. He claimed that it was going to foster promiscuity, bringing on various STD’s and then abortion.
 
Having drifted from it’s topic this thread is now closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top