Overcoming "young and dumb"

• Thread starter Thread starter Poglife2171
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I’m using the word “fraternal” and the way you’re using “fraternity” are not synonymous.

Good for Poglife! You showed the courage that Christ calls us to.
Bad for Poglife if he gets fired. His boss can give a reason that will allow the Unemployment Office to deny him benefits if he is in a Right to Work State. I know this first hand. It has happened to me and a friend.

Bad for Poglife if he gets fired. His boss can give a reason that will allow the Unemployment Office to deny him benefits if he is in a Right to Work State. I know this first hand. It has happened to me and a friend.
Lucky for me I secretly recorded conversations so when I appealed the Unemployment Office’s decision and both parties met at the appeal hearing, I proved a “Hostile Work Environment” via the recordings.

Uh, no, I do not need to reevaluate my response.

You need to correct your misunderstanding of “admonishing sinners.”

We are not to involve ourselves in the personal lives of strangers. If that were the case we would be correcting people left and right all day.

Concern yourself with the beam in your eye first.

One of my former bosses is also a friend. He was both before he retired and he’s still a friend now. And yes, there were times while I was working for him when I did express displeasure with something he did in his personal life.

He isn’t a stranger however, i cannot tell you how much time I’ve spent working even after hours with him and others on community service things, personal issues and other non work related things.we are a very small shop so it is like a family environment. We know pretty much everybody’s family and personal lives

But that’s the point: you aren’t his family, and very clearly, he doesn’t want you to know everything about his personal life. To give an example, there’s a very big difference between knowing someone is married, and knowing the ins and outs of that person’s marital problems. The former is fine to know; the latter shouldn’t be discussed at work because it isn’t the business of work colleagues, no matter how close they are.

I can also see why he would be even more unhappy towards you knowing how closely you all work. More than likely he’s trying to freeze you out before you tell someone about his affair - it doesn’t matter that you said you wouldn’t. I think he’s decided he doesn’t trust you and he doesn’t want the close relationship you had before. Of course it’s on him that he’s treating you this way, but it shows why fraternally correcting your boss isn’t really something you ought to do.

Last edited:
Is family who you are born with? Or is it someone who you would give your life for? Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend. If I put my life and job in jeopardy for the good of my bosses soul, have I not lived this verse out? That’s exactly the reason why and he even repented to me in a conversation later that week

I am a 24 year old guy, I am one month away from marriage, I am building my own house and I work in a small manufacturing shop. Over the past year I have made some great steps in my life, return, confirmation, engagement and great success at my job.

On the other hand I’ve made some really serious mistakes and I am still trying to grow from them. However this year my boss has seemed to really start talking to me more like a young idiot than ever before. This had started early in the year, and progressed after I confronted him about me catching him having and affair with a co-worker. While he remarked and has maintained that he respects me for the way I tactfully rebuked him, it seems like his attitude towards me during the work day is more and more harsh than before.

I understand stress and I am trying to give him as much grace as possible during these times and I am also being extremely hard on myself to correct my discrepancies. I am unsure whether to continue in my path of endurance or whether another action is merited.

I hope someone found the question in all this and could help a “young and dumb” kid understand what I should do to grow in faith and wisdom
It’s probably a good idea to think about working somewhere else after you ran into that situation. It might have been an accident but it’s unlikely that it won’t follow you at the workplace.

Peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back