Owen was just Confirmed. 56-43

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
jlw:
Hardly “out of the mainstream”, eh??
Thanks for the info… 🙂
 
40.png
ByzCath:
Hmmm, who didn’t vote?
Inouye of Hawaii. He was apart of the compromise but was not at Monday evening’s press briefing. I am guessing he’s out of town (Washington).
 
Well I looked for myself.

I also see that one Republican voted Nay and two Democrats voted Yea.

Inouye (D-HI), Not Voting
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Nay
 
40.png
jlw:
AND Robert Byrd (D-WVa) voted yea! Whoa nellie!
Byrd is running for reelection in 2006 and will have a tough time beating his opponent. So he is moving to the center before the election so he can appear to be a centrist.
 
40.png
ByzCath:
Well I looked for myself.

I also see that one Republican voted Nay and two Democrats voted Yea.

Inouye (D-HI), Not Voting
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Nay
Lincoln Chafee is an openly ultra-liberal Republican. He’s been out of the closet for quite some time. 😉

Two-term Senator Landrieu had two very close elections and is doing her best to stay in the senate.
 
Landrieu needs WH help protecting the LA sugar industry.

BIG SUGAR is in a legal death match with Johnson & Johnson’s Splenda. If her vote is required (such as for SS reform) she’ll be there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top