Papal Primacy, Known For All Ages?

  • Thread starter Thread starter myfavoritmartin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in ANY posting by me did I say this?

You claimed it, Isaac, you back it up.

You really must be very young: you have little sense of the common meanings of words.

I told you the Church has two creeds. I asked you which one is it that you claim the Church put in the “infallibility doctrine.”

Your reply was "Sorry, I’m reading something and its the Nicene Constit…something or other."

Sounds REALLY definitive there, Isaac!
I’m sorry, but I wasn’t talking to you.
 
Creed- an accepted system of religious or other belief.

In a summed up version of what you believe, this would not be there. However, in a detailed account of all the things the Catholic Church accepts and believes,** the writings I posted would most definitely be there. Including, the one about the Muslims**.
That’s not a creed. Read the whole section on Salvation: Jesus came for all of mankind, we must spread the Gospel, they must believe in Jesus as God.

You are really in a heap of hurt, Isaac, you are so out of your depth in this forum.
 
I highly doubt that something as important and miraculous as Papal Infallibility would be left out of the holy scriptures. Especially the requirements. This is ludacris. And who ever said they would like to start thoughs other two threads. One was about the word church and the other I can’t remember, but anyway, go ahead. I’d love to discuss.
 
The definition before it was to include infallibility on issues pertaining to history and science. I wonder why they didn’t know?
Here’s the quote YOU MADE alleging the pope was infallible “on issues pertaining to history and science.”

What’s your source? If you aint got it dont show it!
 
I highly doubt that something as important and miraculous as Papal Infallibility would be left out of the holy scriptures. Especially the requirements. This is ludacris. And who ever said they would like to start thoughs other two threads. One was about the word church and the other I can’t remember, but anyway, go ahead. I’d love to discuss.
No, Isaac, that is a stage name for a rapper.

However, your goofy assertions are ludicrous, inane and juvenile.

Tell me, O infallible interpreter of scripture (your own description),

What are the “requirements” of papal infallibility?

You must know them or are they not on a Chick tract?
 
That’s not a creed. Read the whole section on Salvation: Jesus came for all of mankind, we must spread the Gospel, they must believe in Jesus as God.

You are really in a heap of hurt, Isaac, you are so out of your depth in this forum.
So, let me get this straight. The Pope has nothing to do with these statements? And, the Pope can only make “infallible” statements when defining matters in faith and morals, and only when ex cathedra?
 
I highly doubt that something as important and miraculous as Papal Infallibility would be left out of the holy scriptures. Especially the requirements. This is ludacris. And who ever said they would like to start thoughs other two threads. One was about the word church and the other I can’t remember, but anyway, go ahead. I’d love to discuss.
You said you already read my links than why would you state it was left out of Scriptures when the article list the Scriptures?
 
I highly doubt that something as important and miraculous as Papal Infallibility would be left out of the holy scriptures. Especially the requirements. This is ludacris. **And who ever said they would like to start thoughs other two threads. One was about the word church and the other I can’t remember, but anyway, go ahead. I’d love to discuss./**quote]

You have trouble backing up your (Edited by Moderator) statements about the Catholic Church.

Why would anyone want to “discuss” (in your mind anyway) “thoughs other two threads.”??:banghead:

You NEVER back up anything you say.:whacky:

SoonerServant Sez: "‘Hades’ is Greek for ‘grave.’ Forget what the dictionary says, it’s what I sez that counts!"
 
You said you already read my links than why would you state it was left out of Scriptures when the article list the Scriptures?
lol, because the scriptures listed would have to be taken out of context. Something you Catholics are becoming famous for. Maybe that’s actually the gift of the whole church. Not as grand, but hey, at least you have a gift.
 
SoonerServant;1870760:
I highly doubt that something as important and miraculous as Papal Infallibility would be left out of the holy scriptures. Especially the requirements. This is ludacris. And who ever said they would like to start thoughs other two threads. One was about the word church and the other I can’t remember, but anyway, go ahead. I’d love to discuss./
quote]

You have trouble backing up your (Edited by Moderator) statements about the Catholic Church.

Why would anyone want to “discuss” (in your mind anyway) “thoughs other two threads.”??:banghead:

You NEVER back up anything you say.:whacky:

SoonerServant Sez: "‘Hades’ is Greek for ‘grave.’ Forget what the dictionary says, it’s what I sez that counts!"

Man, post a few incriminating quotes and Mr. Kinsman goes off. You would do well to watch your tongue. Maybe the saying about age and wisdom isn’t true.
 
No, Isaac, that is a stage name for a rapper.

However, your goofy assertions are ludicrous, inane and juvenile.

Tell me, O infallible interpreter of scripture (your own description),

What are the “requirements” of papal infallibility?

You must know them or are they not on a Chick tract?
Oo, Mr. Kinsman pulling out his two dollar words. Look out now. But, I forgive you. We’re all a work in progress.
 
JonathanKinsman;1870781:
Man,** post a few incriminating quotes**
and Mr. Kinsman goes off. You would do well to watch your tongue. Maybe the saying about age and wisdom isn’t true.

Not incriminating quotes, my friend, but uncharitable and scandalous comments about my faith and my Church.

Why are you posting such trash about Mary and our Popes?

Why do you persist in refusing to back up your allegations with sources?

Why do you presume to know what scripture means (your own words, Isaac) and make fun of us who question your “interpretation” and allegations concerning our faith?

Act a little more Christian and humble, your youth betrays a certain impetuousness that is unbecoming for your passion.

Pax Christi
 
SoonerServant;1870787:
Not incriminating quotes, my friend, but uncharitable and scandalous comments about my faith and my Church.

Why are you posting such trash about Mary and our Popes?

Why do you persist in refusing to back up your allegations with sources?

Why do you presume to know what scripture means (your own words, Isaac) and make fun of us who question your “interpretation” and allegations concerning our faith?

Act a little more Christian and humble, your youth betrays a certain impetuousness that is unbecoming for your passion.

Pax Christi
Well, if you’re going to be nice, then I’ll be nice too and stop showing the facts.

List the allegations you want me to back up and I’ll hit them one by one.
 
lol, because the scriptures listed would have to be taken out of context. Something you Catholics are becoming famous for. Maybe that’s actually the gift of the whole church. Not as grand, but hey, at least you have a gift.
When I asked you how you knew the context of Scripture, in another thread you responded with using your logic and your concordance. Am I correct in saying that?
 
Wow, you guys think you really own it? How sad. Btw, you keep forgeting the other word in your name, Roman. And, the “church” Jesus founded was not called Catholic in the beginning. This was added later. Sometime after the ROMAN’S acceted it as the true religion. You know, the empire in control when Jesus was crucified. The one persecuting the christians. So plz say the whole name when talking about yourselves. It makes me giggle…and cry a lil.
You should be ashamed of making this statement. :tsktsk: Are you unaware of where Roman came from? It is not part of the Catholic Church name. Similar to the name Mormon, it was used to deride the faith. This is just another ignorant attack.
 
lol, because the scriptures listed would have to be taken out of context. Something you Catholics are becoming famous for. Maybe that’s actually the gift of the whole church. Not as grand, but hey, at least you have a gift.
So you assumed this without looking:rolleyes: Or is it really because you are afraid you would have to admit you are wrong:thumbsup:
 
Congratulations. This thread is now closed.

If you wish to discuss something that is not the original topic of the thread then you are supposed to open a new thread on it.

If you disagree you are supposed to do so charitably at all times.
MF
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top