Parish Dissent from Church Teaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine a “Support the porn industry” Mass at a church that wasn’t centered around praying for all those people to be delivered from that lifestyle?
Or “support masturbators,” or “serial adulterers,” or “bondage and discipline aficianados,” etc. etc. You’ve pointed out a crucial distinction. I’m under no illusions about what the goals of those pushing the LGBTetc agenda in the Church are.
 
Last edited:
Anyway, I don’t think the message that Pride is attempting to give is contrary to Church teaching, but I do think those that hypersexualize it are out of line.
You must realize that the Pride Parades don’t just give one message.
 
Yes, everyone is welcome.
As to your other points, putting the word “Pride” before the word “Mass” says it all. 😥
 
Hard to miss, when they print it in all caps and the fake rainbow colors.
 
he is several continents away from US
Not so. There is only water between the mainland US and New Zealand, to say nothing of the state of Hawai’i or American Samoa. Unless Bear you were thinking of going the other way?
 
In my opinion, a homosexual is somebody who endorses the pro-homosexual agenda, practices homosexual acts and promotes them. Somebody who suffers from same sex attraction might just be celibate.
So a priest keeping to his vows is not a heterosexual?
 
There is a Catholic group called the Calix Society. They are a group for alcoholics, this group works in conjunction with AA.

At every AA meeting, people stand up and say “Hi, may name is Joe and I am an alcoholic”. They know that an alcoholic is never “cured”, they are always an alcoholic.

The Calix Society often has a Mass before/after a meeting. This is a Mass for alcoholics and their families, it is advertised as such for those who might not be aware of the Society or of this sort of support.

Are these masses, specifically targeted at alcoholics, disgusting? Is it sickening that a priest would invite alcoholics to their parish?
 
Public perception =/= Church teaching, which cannot change but only develop.

To the OP, perhaps the news is reporting in a fashion that obscures what is meant. So, I would first try to see what the priest means to do by the stuff during this month of the Sacred Heart. Then, if it is actually heterodox, report it to the bishop. If the bishop even is heterodox, then report it to Rome.
 
Last edited:
I would have a hard time if I belonged to a
parish where the priest openly acknowledged gay pride on the church website or anywhere
in church. I guess I am old fashioned.
No, not old-fashioned. You are “Sacred-Tradition-fashioned”. “Fashioned”, that is, formed by and according to the timeless Sacred Tradition entrusted to His Church. Never let go of that!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top