People are leaving California in droves

  • Thread starter Thread starter robertmidwest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the reverse of “The Grapes of Wrath”.
 
I Don’t blame them. I hope they are successful in breaking up the state.
 
I Don’t blame them. I hope they are successful in breaking up the state.
LOL. That’s never happening.

Here’s what’s up.

People come to the USA all the time, and all we hear about are all the immigrants. What you don’t hear about is all the people for whom the American experiment just doesn’t work. If they just can not live with our values, culture, weather, or without their former friends and family left behind, they slip away, back to where they came from. This has been happening since about 1621. If you Google this I’m certain you can find out whether the returnees were 20% or two per cent overall, and the number would vary over time.

California is similar. Lots of people come here, but just can’t get comfortable. They miss their friends and family in Detroit, or they don’t feel at ease in our culturally diverse and quite secular culture. They want to live where everybody loves Jesus, or looks more or less as they do, or they miss the rhythms and patterns of celebrations and the seasons.

For others, the decision is economic. It is no secret that coastal California, in particular, has made spectacular gains in the price of real estate. Many people, especially those approaching retirement, choose to cash out, so to speak, moving to Texas or Iowa, Georgia or Oregon, as the case may be, and realizing a rather spectacular upgrade in living arrangements, particularly when the move goes from urban to rural environments. Many people also chose to move to wherever it is that their children have ended up, or they want to return to the home of their youth, having spent most of their adult lives in California.

California is a great place, but it’s not for everyone. I live and love in California. I am a transplant. I love it here. This is home, after all. I don’t know if my state or my country, or even my world will be habitable and pleasant for my grandchildren’s lifetimes, but I know I landed in the sweet spot, and I’ve enjoyed almost every minute of my years here in this incredibly beautiful, varied, interesting, amazing place.
 
With a population of some 38 million people, California’s emigration number to other states should be expected to be higher than other states with significantly lower populations. Big wow… or not.

I grew up in southern California and absolutely hated it from my earliest childhood memories. I left my “homeland” and moved to Colorado when I was 19 to enter a monastery. I left the monastery after two years, but I stayed in Colorado.

I love this state soooooo much, and have had the opportunity to live in several areas of Colorado over the past 30 years. It’s a wonderful state to live in for many people.

But in the end, people have different likes and preferences. I couldn’t stand southern California, so I found a place that provided something for my soul and settled there.

And for all the people leaving California, there are still plenty of people moving in, and plenty of people who never left. 😃
 
California is a great place, but it’s not for everyone. I live and love in California. I am a transplant. I love it here. This is home, after all. I don’t know if my state or my country, or even my world will be habitable and pleasant for my grandchildren’s lifetimes, but I know I landed in the sweet spot, and I’ve enjoyed almost every minute of my years here in this incredibly beautiful, varied, interesting, amazing place.
California not for everyone? It’s so nice there (apart from the cost of living) I can’t think of too much to complain about. (Well I just though of wildfires and earthquakes too.) Nevertheless I find it a very seductive place, a land of lotus eaters. I feel like anyone who lives there is lucky to be in a position to do so.
 
Last edited:
California not for everyone?
To be fair and honest, the United States is not for everyone. Ever wonder why God did not seed life here instead of the middle east?

No matter where you live, you have some screwed up problem to deal with.

Earthquakes, Mudslides, Forrest Fires, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Flooding and in the Distant past Volcanoes in no particular order to just mention the top 7.
 
Last edited:
40.png
tomarin:
California not for everyone?
To be fair and honest, the United States is not for everyone. Ever wonder why God did not seed life here instead of the middle east?

No matter where you live, you have some screwed up problem to deal with.

Earthquakes, Mudslides, Forrest Fires, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Flooding and in the Distant past Volcanoes in no particular order to just mention the top 7.
i hate to break this to you, but when God seeded life on earth, there was no United
States.
 
40.png
anikins:
California is a great place, but it’s not for everyone. I live and love in California. I am a transplant. I love it here. This is home, after all. I don’t know if my state or my country, or even my world will be habitable and pleasant for my grandchildren’s lifetimes, but I know I landed in the sweet spot, and I’ve enjoyed almost every minute of my years here in this incredibly beautiful, varied, interesting, amazing place.
California not for everyone? It’s so nice there (apart from the cost of living) I can’t think of too much to complain about. (Well I just though of wildfires and earthquakes too.) Nevertheless I find it a very seductive place, a land of lotus eaters. I feel like anyone who lives there is lucky to be in a position to do so.
😂 Then you clearly haven’t driven through central California! 😂
 
Last edited:
you said the United States is not for everyone. ever wonder why God did not seed life here instead of the Middle East?
there wad no United States to like or not like.
i would say life in the Middle East is not for everyone either.
 
i live in Arizona so i have visited California often. in the 90’s, i might have wanted to move there, but now that i see the crazy politicians they elect there, no thanks.
 
you said the United States is not for everyone. ever wonder why God did not seed life here instead of the Middle East?
there wad no United States to like or not like.
i would say life in the Middle East is not for everyone either.
Instead of:
To be fair and honest, the United States is not for everyone. Ever wonder why God did not seed life here instead of the middle east?
Would you have me said this instead:
To be fair and honest, the Continent now known as primarily as United States is not for everyone. Ever wonder why God did not seed life here instead of the middle east?
Want to argue semantics? The “Middle East” did not exist either. But you already knew the context of which I spoke. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Yes or Yes.
 
i live in Arizona so i have visited California often. in the 90’s, i might have wanted to move there, but now that i see the crazy politicians they elect there, no thanks.
Like Nunes? 🤔
 
Last edited:
we all know that what we now know as the Middle East is where the events of the Old Testament took place and the New Testament for that matter.
 
strangely, he has been a good politician, but i don’t know what part of California he represents.
 
Last edited:
I’m not going to go to the mat for California but if I had a job offer there I would move in a heartbeat. Probably the main thing I would miss is not needing a car to get around - but that would be true of virtually everywhere in the rest of the country.
 
we all know that what we now know as the Middle East is where the events of the Old Testament took place and the New Testament for that matter.
Semantics it shall be. It was not called the “Middle East” when God seeded humanity there. Yes or Yes?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top