Vern>>Infallibility refers only to matters of faith and morals.
Since God’s Word is infallible, this is why I and other Protestants believe in Sola Scriptura.The Word of God is all you need huh? So how do you know that your fallible reading of it has given you the right interpretation Brian?
The New Testament says many things like pluck out an eye or cut off a hand or poisonous snakes will not harm you. Do you apply those as they are written or do you take them literally. knowing that they don’t mean precisely what they are suggesting?
Some believers do handle snakes. One lady was in the news here recently because she was bitten and died. was she some sort of great sinner?
The Bible is the final authority on faith and morals.
Where exactly does it say that? I’ve read the Bible several times and I don’t think that’s in there.
Peter wasn’t infallible; he was human like the rest of us. You recall all the mistakes he made right?
Irrelevant. Infallibility is not based on the man but on the promise of Christ that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church that he built upon the rock (Kepha) of the man that we call Peter. The power of the Holy Spirit in keeping the promise of Christ cannot be overcome.
You cannot cite a single doctrine that was tinkered with by any unworthy pope in the 2,000 year history of the church.
As for the OP, why are you off debating Protestants if you have to come back here for help over everything? I’m not perfect but I don’t engage in debate if I’m going to have to keep going to ask for help on it. However, since I don’t know everything maybe that would be a good idea?
We encounter errors, misrepresentations of our most holy faith, and anti-Catholic propaganda in many places. The same could even be asked of you, because I have no doubt that if you cannot refute me or some other Catholic on here. you will straight away be off to find a source to find a counter argument that perhaps you haven’t heard before.
You “witness” for your faith. Why shouldn’t this Catholic?
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.