Petitions for Gay Rights etc

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mithrandir
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont support gay rights, personally i think we should be trying to get them away from homosexuallity to save there souls

Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 1 Corinthians 6:9
Not getting unjustly beaten up by others, let alone those in authority, isn’t a “gay right,” it’s a human right. I have yet to see anything that shows what the police did was just.
 
This petition is more to do with a person being beat up unlawfully by police, not about gay rights or that fact that he was trying to register an organization.

Besides…registering an LGBT organization is* not* a “sin”…and assuming anymore more is just that–an assumption.
For all we know, it is a support group for people to talk about their issues and get help from each other.
No where in the petition does it say the organization would be one that would fight for gay marriage, etc.

Of course you can and *should *sign it and, in fact, i will go online and sign it as well—as I hope many here will.

As for some of the other posts here…if a Catholic was being beaten up by police because she wanted to start a Catholic group/organization, I would hope that an Atheist or someone of another religion would still sign a petition against this brutality, even if they thought the Catholic religion itself was morally wrong and doing harm–which many do.

The point is…we are against people being physically hurt by police when it is not warranted. That is against the law and wrong and we have to stick up for each other in cases like this as fellow humans.
This petition is against police brutality inflicted upon a fellow human.

I’m perplexed that you would eve hesitate to sign this…

.
I am hesitant because of the way it’s being done, why would you start a LGBT group and get people to rally behind that in order to stop police brutality? that just doesn’t make any sense.

In the same way, if a Catholic was being beaten up by police because she wanted to start a Catholic group/organization, why would she get people to rally behind her group/organisation in order to stop police brutality?

Wouldn’t you address the issue at hand? Like I said, I’m not gonna trade one wrong for another.

Thank you for reaing
Josh
 
I am hesitant because of the way it’s being done, why would you start a LGBT group and get people to rally behind that in order to stop police brutality? that just doesn’t make any sense.
I don’t think the group is in order to stop police brutality, but rather just an organisation for homosexuals etc. But I understand the confusion 🙂

I signed the petition, by the way. I don’t think there was anything wrong in its text, as it was to address the issue of police brutality and thus a matter of human dignity and police responsibility.

I think in general, it is better to sign a petition in defence of human dignity (as long as you are not explicitly supporting anything sinful or appearing to do so to a reasonable and average interpretation) than to leave it for fear it may possibly be misconstrued by some. People can twist words all the time, but as long as you have taken as many precautions as possible against this, I think it is right to sign an unobjectionable petition for human dignity and leave them to it.

Thanks for all the comments 🙂
 
I don’t think the group is in order to stop police brutality, but rather just an organisation for homosexuals etc. But I understand the confusion 🙂

I signed the petition, by the way. I don’t think there was anything wrong in its text, as it was to address the issue of police brutality and thus a matter of human dignity and police responsibility.

I think in general, it is better to sign a petition in defence of human dignity (as long as you are not explicitly supporting anything sinful or appearing to do so to a reasonable and average interpretation) than to leave it for fear it may possibly be misconstrued by some. People can twist words all the time, but as long as you have taken as many precautions as possible against this, I think it is right to sign an unobjectionable petition for human dignity and leave them to it.

Thanks for all the comments 🙂
I agree.

I haven’t read the petition, but I assumed LGBT group listed it’s advocation and support for same sex marriage etc, I am ignorant about LGBT group, thus why Id be hesitant to sign such petition until I knew what I was signing, but like I said, I wouldn’t trade one wrong for another.

Thank you for reading
Josh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top