Pittsburgh Paper Endorses President Trump

• Thread starter Thread starter TepeyacTraveler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you tell yourself a lie over and over you honestly believe it to be truth. You can’t see it yourself because it’s truth in your eyes.

If you vote against Trump you literally vote against all Trump is running for and in turn vote for everything Biden believes in. The is how things work. In the end you get one pick. This is why some people are “one issue voters” and have to cast their vote in the direction of that issue. So even if someone believes in some of Trump (Republican) and some of Biden (Democrat) and not all of either, you still vote for only one. So if someone votes for Biden means you are giving your vote towards everything he believes in. “Anybody but Trump” has actual consequences past “Orange Man Bad”

Last edited:
Their editorial board explained their choice very well, mentioning pros and cons. Unfortunately, those who oppose will basically say the choice to support the President’s re-election was only because… they’re Trump-supporters. 🤔
Yea, they did a good job articulating the decision,
they pull the Trump lever with disdain,
they like his policies not the man.

authoritarianism
?

How has your life become more authoritarian in the last four years.

The Obama administration actually and directly threatened my family’s economic survival by their HHS contraceptive mandate.

I have not voted for any of those things. I have voted against the direction the country is going, for many reasons. I am not alone in this thinking. We have had numerous threads here about how a Catholic can vote for a particular candidate in spite of their position on abortion. We don’t need to rehash it here.
Would it be okay to vote for a KKK member if he ran against Donald?

40.png
qui_est_ce:
Would it be okay to vote for a KKK member if he ran against Donald?
I’m not playing those games. I’ve stated my position.
I’m not trying to play games. I’m showing what your logic leads to. A vote for Biden will lead to more deaths than Stalin, Hitler, and the KKK combined. And we will be forced to pay for them.

The message I got was that it’s easy to overlook the authoritarianism
Authoritarianism? Trump. He is the polar opposite of authoritarianism. Here is authoritarianism.
  1. mandatory gun “buy-backs” ( confiscation)
  2. government dictated healthcare
  3. student loan “forgiveness” (who is forgiving the taxpayers)
  4. requiring merchants to participate in same gender weddings when it is in conflict with their faith
  5. requiring Catholics (and others) to pay for abortions, abortifacients, birth control when it is contrary to their faith.
  6. using the intel community to try to overturn the 2016 election.
There are lots of other examples. Progressivism is authoritarian, not Trump

I forgot a couple.
  1. Authoritarians do not reduce government regulation and taxes over businesses and the people. They increase them.
  1. authoritarians propose to impose a $93 trillion burden on businesses, homeowners, etc
These are clearly authoritarian.

Last edited:
Yea, they did a good job articulating the decision,
they pull the Trump lever with disdain,
they like his policies not the man.
I would only add, for me, despite the unfortunate confrontational nature of our President, it’s not just “like” regarding his policies, it is a palpable feeling of extreme relief that there IS someone who is pressing forward with the policies. The President is the man for his time. Even the standard Republican alternative would be far different.

Yeah, but Trump tweeted covfefe. That’s kind of like being pro-infanticide.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I listened to Kamala Harris tonight … she said that this election is the most important election and that we needed to get out and vote - to vote. In fact she stated that we should vote because " lives depended on on our vote"

Thankfully I have voted and I did vote as if lives depended upon my vote … millions of innocent lives … and I voted for them, for their very lives … since they cant get to the polls

Thanks Kamala for supporting my vote for the candidate that wants to give those innocent lives the chance to enjoy the other benefits and rights that follow birth - you were spot on what that advice 👍

Last edited:
As I’ve said many times, the Church teaches that I should use my well-formed conscience to decide who to vote for. While I appreciate the offer to use yours , the Church teaches I should use my own .
Your emphasis is misplaced. The emphasis should be on well-formed.

Very true. Any determination that ends up voting Dem as the party currently stands, is not well-formed.

The message I got was that it’s easy to overlook the authoritarianism and bullying and lying because our 401(k)s are up.

That’s sad.
What’s sad are the calumnies thrown at Trump. Authoritarianism? Like what? Who is in jail because of him? The only corrupt law enforcement efforts have been AGAINST him, not by him. And who did he bully? The Democrat media that condemns him 24/7? Oh my. He calls them out for it. What a bully.

And we’ ve been through the “lying” nonsense before. It’s almost all just policy differences. If the media disagreees with something he says, they call it “lying”.

Not everybody is fooled by the Democrat media.

As to the 401Ks, it’s nice to see a president who cares about the fortunes of ordinary people instead of the oligarchs like Bezos and Zuckerberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back