Planned "parenthood" vs. death camps

  • Thread starter Thread starter puppson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why must the Holocaust be invoked?
Why should anything be compared with anything, then?

Would the outrage be the same on behalf of the many millions of peasants murdered by Stalin or Mao? Those victims have living descendants, just like the Jews.

The murdered unborn will have no descendants. None of their genes are passed on. Seems like a higher level of genocide, if that’s possible.

And no memories to honor.
 
Last edited:
I’ll inform the Almighty of His role in the murder of innocents
Yeah, okay…let me know how that works out for you…sometimes we need to focus on our own indiscretions rather than those of others:

Luke 18:9-14

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and despised others: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 ¶ The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 ¶ I fast twice a week, I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 ¶ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for every one who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
 
Proof texting, and defamation of those who proclaim the truth about the monstrous evil perpetrated by planned “parenthood.”
That parable is not teaching that we should be silent about great evils like planned “parenthood,” simply because we are sinners too.
 
Last edited:
So apparently it’s okay to invoke the Holocaust if you’re on the right side of the aisle.
No, it is okay to invoke the Holocaust, if in fact, it is a holocaust. Invoking the Holocaust for the rightful and temporary detention of those who have knowingly broken the law, pending a court hearing to determine if the person may rightfully claim asylum even though they refused to immigrate through a legal port of entry, does not constitute a holocaust. The slaughtering of millions of babies for over 40 years constitutes an actual holocaust.

holocaust​

[ hol-uh-kawst, hoh-luh- ]SHOW IPA

SYNONYMS|EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN

SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR holocaust ON THESAURUS.COM

noun​

a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire.

a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.

(usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually preceded by the).

any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.
 
Last edited:
You know, I think I’ve heard something like there wasn’t a term ‘genocide’ before what we call the Armenian (and other groups of course) genocide.
A survivor of the Jewish Holocaust, Lemkin sought to describe Nazi policy of systematic murder, violence as well atrocities committed against the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire in 1915. The word genocide was created by combining the Greek word ‘geno ,’ for race or tribe and the Latin word ‘cide,’ for killing.
http://www.genocide-museum.am/eng/index.php

So, I’m on my phone now and I can’t explore further but perhaps one could make the academic argument that the term ‘genocide’ should only pertain only to the great 1915 tragedy, but guess what? We don’t.
 
No one makes that academic argument. No one. Including Lemkin, who understood what the Holocaust was. And wasn’t.
 
If this is just about the term ‘death camps’, they even called some civil war prison camps that I believe and maybe even during the CW. it was a sad time and there was a lot of disease too. Causing death may not have been the objective but it happened. So this side-steps the ‘h’ word totally.
 
The slaughtering of millions of babies for over 40 years constitutes an actual holocaust.
Amen. In fact in OT days it was a quite literal holocaust. Moloch and his fiery mouth and all. It’s much tidier now. But still a holocaust.
 
Last edited:

noun​

a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire.

a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.

(usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually preceded by the).

any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.
And there we go.
 
If this is just about the term ‘death camps’, they even called some civil war prison camps that I believe and maybe even during the CW. it was a sad time and there was a lot of disease too. Causing death may not have been the objective but it happened. So this side-steps the ‘h’ word totally.
Reread the article: “This is as bad – or worse – as having one’s name associated with Dachau.” There’s no getting around the Holocaust-specific comparison here.
 
40.png
Hodos:

noun​

a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire.

a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.

(usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually preceded by the).

any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.
And there we go.
No, there we don’t go. Fitzgerald didn’t describe abortion as a destruction by fire. Why? Because that would make no sense. He wasn’t referring to a holocaust. He was referring to the Holocaust.
 
Best take it up with him, then.
Maybe ask him why he chose Dachau and not Treblinka or Auschwitz. All were part of the Holocaust. And abortion is a bigger one.
 
Last edited:
No, the KS candidate did not say the “H” word. I am not going to now go so far as to say references not using that word are unacceptable.

And what of the other victims? Poles, Gypsies and so on?
 
Last edited:
Since the abortion murder toll is now over 60 million, I’ll refer to it henceforth as the HOLOCAUST.
There we go!
 
Last edited:
“Maximilian, St. of Auschwitz”

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

So, now, we are suppose to say this is unacceptable because it alludes to the Holocaust?
 
Where are all the genocide studies experts when you need one?
 
Last edited:
Well, how important is the matter of how we use the words. I myself would steer away with it with abortion but I would not impose this necessarily on others in regard to using the “H” word. Now, would it be applicable if one used it to describe some other serious incidences in recent history? Cambodia? Bangladesh (around 1970, often not well reported). To me, it seems to be apt comparison at that, people are being mercilessly killed on a huge scale. This is a learning experience for us all.
 
It’s kind of like what we read in the news everyday, some things I can clearly see as offensive; other things, I"m not so sure about, I’m not Jewish so I dont’ get too involved.

Say, that New York Times cartoon about 2 months ago, I saw that immediately as very offensive.

Then, some things that Representative Omar has said. Some of that, I find objectionable but not necessarily some great wrong and bad thing she said.
 
40.png
Annie:
People have been calling abortion a holocaust for decades now.
They shouldn’t be. Genocide? Okay. But there was only one Holocaust (capital H) and its memory shouldn’t be co-opted.
I rarely agree with you, but here I do. Planned Parenthood is in no way linked to the Holocaust. Linking anyone to the NAZIs who was not involved is cheap and lazy.
What PP has done is more accurately described as an atrocity.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top