B
Yeah, I’m not sure what he is actually looking for. The site he links to is clearly protestant, and disagrees with both the Catholic and Orthodox Churches as far as sacred scripture is concerned. They declare the deuterocanon to be “apocryphal” by some unknown authority.
I’m not seeing any books in their list of Deuterocanonicals that are not in the Catholic Bible (although several are listed as separate that we include as parts of Daniel or Baruch) Am I missing something?Here’s a link that may be of help. The Biblios site is clearly unfriendly to Catholic and Orthodox. They have rashly lumped Catholic and Orthodox sacred scripture together with other writings that were long ago declared, but proper Church authority, to be non-scriptural. But, if you can convince them, good on ya’
The problem, as I see it, is that they have lumped declared apocryphal writings together which what the Church (that compiled the bible) has declared to be sacred scripture. There must be a better site to use, such as… Or, perhaps I don’t know exactly what the OP is looking for.I’m not seeing any books in their list of Deuterocanonicals that are not in the Catholic Bible (although several are listed as separate that we include as parts of Daniel or Baruch) Am I missing something?
OTOH, it does seem very odd that they don’t include the D-R as one of the parallel texts since they do include it in their main section. Maybe this is under construction?
From the Biblos website:The problem, as I see it, is that they have lumped declared apocryphal writings together which what the Church (that compiled the bible) has declared to be sacred scripture. There must be a better site to use, such as… Or, perhaps I don’t know exactly what the OP is looking for.![]()
That was my main objection - simply that Biblios relies on the reformers’ opinion of what is canonical and what is not. The term “Apocrypha”, when used to describe the Deuterocanon, is used in a pejorative sense, which has the effect of casting aspersion upon the Catholic Church.So they are calling them apocrypha, which is a word we use for a different set of books. But they haven’t included here things that we would consider apocrypha.