please explain this superstition

• Thread starter Thread starter third_servant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
third_servant, I figured your next argument against my advice would be how you could help others, and with what money you could get to places through employment. I have walked when I cannot afford gas to drive my car, I have asked a neighbor when I cannot ride the bus. How do you help others? You ask around, see if anyone needs an assiatnt with rebuilding their house. You ask at church if they need someone to run the food pantry, or pass out flyers. You ask job trainers to get you into intern positions.

Granted, I have never lived in a DMZ. I can only imagine the struggles one faces. But, I still concur that you can indeed find help. Everyone needs someone to lend a hand. There is someone who needs you to help them, soemwhere in your area.

Please do continue to have some faith. Even a seed of faith, is better than no faith at all.

If anything, perhaps God has told you to come here, and ask for these responses? Think on that, too.

40.png
third_servant:
Unfortunately, all the doors are closed and God won’t help me open any of them. I’m stuck.
Unfortunately, you are neither the first, last, nor only person to feel this way. There are many people out of work, educated, experienced, willing to take anything. Jobs are more of who you know that what your are able to do, and meeting those who can helop you is very difficult. Many people live in poor neighborhood. And transportation is not available for everyone, when they need it. You seem to have an incredible chip on your shoulder as if you are the only one who has suffered seemingly unjustly.

It does not seem that this thread is any longer related to the subject, the issue of a positive attitude. Your don’t even seem open to the question, but instead want to complain. Yes, life is unfair. For some people it seems like hell. I certianly hope the last two years of my life count some how torwards purgatory for me. I really feel as is Psalm 88 has become my theme song.

But a positive attitude demonstrates to people that you are likely to do as much as you can to help yourself, especially if they give you a break. That you will not give. Yes, it is difficult to keep trying for years on end, and breathers are needed, and venting may help. A negative atitude is far less liekly to move people to to help you; it gives the impression that you feel that things are owed to you and that you are less likely to work for them.

40.png
msh:
third_servant, I figured your next argument against my advice would be how you could help others, and with what money you could get to places through employment. I have walked when I cannot afford gas to drive my car, I have asked a neighbor when I cannot ride the bus. How do you help others? You ask around, see if anyone needs an assiatnt with rebuilding their house. You ask at church if they need someone to run the food pantry, or pass out flyers. You ask job trainers to get you into intern positions.
None of which worked. Also there’s the hypocrisy issue: I can’t help myself but I’m expected to help others? I’m expected to help but have no way of helping because I’m so worthless?
Please do continue to have some faith. Even a seed of faith, is better than no faith at all.
I’ll try.
If anything, perhaps God has told you to come here, and ask for these responses? Think on that, too.
Well, I’m waiting for the one that answers my question 🙂

40.png
serendipity:
You seem to have an incredible chip on your shoulder as if you are the only one who has suffered seemingly unjustly.
Other’s sufferings don’t make me happy. It may make God happy, but they don’t make me happy.
But a positive attitude demonstrates to people that you are likely to do as much as you can to help yourself, especially if they give you a break. That you will not give.
But nobody will give me a break. I take all the advice, I do what they say and bam, nothing happens.

I just wish God didn’t think I was so worthless that my temporal needs are not worth giving.

40.png
third_servant:
None of which worked. Also there’s the hypocrisy issue: I can’t help myself but I’m expected to help others? I’m expected to help but have no way of helping because I’m so worthless? Well, I’m waiting for the one that answers my question 🙂
Well, judging by all here who have been giving reponses, and all the reponses you have recieved - I think that you are being answered. Maybe you can take something away from each of these answers all of us have tried to provide.

Regardless of what you think of in regards of not being able to help yourself, you can help others. It sounds hypocritical, because maybe in your heart you don’t wish to help others, maybe you just want what’s due to you, now? I can understand that sentiment, too. After years of trying, you’ll feel weakened, you’ll feel worthless. Try not to judge yourself so harshly. Do know that you are very worthy of being helped, and of helping.

So my next offer? Let’s suppose your town is devoid of anywhere you can help. Maybe the next town? Maybe there’s another church in another vacinity you can go to for help? Maybe employers out of your area who need someone now? I knwo it seems silly to go out of the way to find employment, but you never know, right?

How about telling us what your skills are, maybe we can make better recommendations through that? And don’t tell me you have no skills. Everyone does indeed have something, even if they haven’t found that niche yet.

I do want to help you, and I do hope that by all of us sitting here and talking with you, that we’re giving you the outreach (maybe not the exact answers you want) that you need.

40.png
third_servant:
I’m living a demilitarized war zone. What comforts do I have? NONE.
I just have one last thing to ask - when you speak of the DMZ, I assumed you mean a DMZ like the situation between N. Korea, and S. Korea. Harvey Illinois is not what one normally considers a DMZ - what did you mean by this statement?

I have also noticed that you mention IT as your line of work. Many websites need people who can volunteer for IT, and all you need is to visit where you get online frequently at, and help out day to day.

40.png
msh:
I just have one last thing to ask - when you speak of the DMZ, I assumed you mean a DMZ like the situation between N. Korea, and S. Korea. Harvey Illinois is not what one normally considers a DMZ - what did you mean by this statement?
I live in an area of HIGH CRIME. The criminals run the place here. It is NOT SAFE. That is what I mean.
I have also noticed that you mention IT as your line of work. Many websites need people who can volunteer for IT, and all you need is to visit where you get online frequently at, and help out day to day.
Volunteering doesn’t pay the bills. What’s the point of working for a living when one is not getting a living?

40.png
msh:
Well, judging by all here who have been giving reponses, and all the reponses you have recieved - I think that you are being answered.
Unfortunately, none of the answers so far don’t tell me what God wants from me. He can wait forever to do something, I cannot.
Regardless of what you think of in regards of not being able to help yourself, you can help others. It sounds hypocritical, because maybe in your heart you don’t wish to help others, maybe you just want what’s due to you, now?
I would love to have a job helping others. I used to have a job like that. But God doesn’t want me to help others.

I refuse to be a hypocrite. Jesus hated that.
. Try not to judge yourself so harshly.
I judge myself as harshly as God is doing so. He thinks my temporal needs are worthless, so therefore I must be worthless. God hates me so herefore I must be worthless.
Do know that you are very worthy of being helped, and of helping.
God doesn’t think so.
Let’s suppose your town is devoid of anywhere you can help. Maybe the next town? Maybe there’s another church in another vacinity you can go to for help? Maybe employers out of your area who need someone now? I knwo it seems silly to go out of the way to find employment, but you never know, right?
This requires a car which I don’t have. Public transportation around here is TERRIBLE.
And don’t tell me you have no skills.
Manual software tester, 5 years experience. All jobs in my field require automated testing (which I can’t get that training cuz I can’t afford it) or are so far to the north I can’t get there using public transportation.

So, I’m screwed. God won’t help me and I’m doomed to starve.

Notice:

This thread is now closed. Thanks to all who participated in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back