Y
yellowbird
Guest
Two days ago I was in Trader Joe’s and I sampled their Southern Greens & Black Eyed pea soup. It was delicous so I purchased everything to make it at home. I’ve added everything… it’s simmering on the stove and the final step is to add the package of precooked black eyed peas. I grab them out of my cupboard and I notice that it clearly says: PERISHABLE… Keep Refrigerated. on the package. Shoot! They’ve been in my cupboard for two days… would you still eat them? They were in one of those plastic, no air container type things… like a square brick of peas.
What do you think??? Yea or neigh?? Let me add that I’m posting this from Chicago and it’s been, like everywhere else, freakishly cold. All the jars/cans in my cupboard are COLD to the touch… not refrigerator cold though.
What’s a cook to do?
What do you think??? Yea or neigh?? Let me add that I’m posting this from Chicago and it’s been, like everywhere else, freakishly cold. All the jars/cans in my cupboard are COLD to the touch… not refrigerator cold though.
What’s a cook to do?