PLEASE help w/ cooking question.. pot is already simmering on the stove!

  • Thread starter Thread starter yellowbird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are vegetables, I would use them without a second thought. Vegetables take a long time to spoil. However, I wouldn’t carry this reasoning to all foods – I have some meats which are in vacuum packed packages, but there’s no way that I would store them without refrigeration.
This was my thought. I don’t chance it with meat, eggs, or dairy. But beans or veggies, sure.
 
But it’s been a couple of days… surely I would’ve gotten sick by now?
I was just playing with you. 😉 But, actually, there are some kinds of food poisoning that don’t show up for 3 or 4 days. Those are the ones where people have a hard time figuring out what made them sick.

I think you’ll be just fine. I wasn’t worried about the peas.

Betsy
 
You said the BEPs were sealed when you bought them? Just curious, did you get them from the refrigerated area of the store?

Since they smell and taste fine, and since you’re cooking them in high heat again anyway…I gotta say if I’d been in your shoes I would have done the exact same thing. I’m glad the soup turned out good! 👍
 
You said the BEPs were sealed when you bought them? Just curious, did you get them from the refrigerated area of the store?
:
Yes - they were in the cold section and it was clearly marked keep refrigerated. I must’ve just spaced out when I was putting the groceries away…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top