PLEASE Pray for me, I am so desperate

  • Thread starter Thread starter nebrb
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nebrb

Guest
I am very sorry that my first post to this has to be such a downer, but I don’t know how else I can express my deep sorrow and dire state. For the past several weeks I have been in a state of fear, panic, sorrow, and intense sadness. My past sins and mistakes I cannot forgive or forget, and their weight on me is more and more unbearable. I have prayed and prayed over them asking the good Lord for His forgiveness and mercy – but I cannot shake my fears my fears and deep intense worries as these mound. Each day I dread the dawn after another restless and sleepless night because I am afraid that I will face more worries, more fears, more dread. I find it hard to rest, eat, enjoy anything or even function. I am blessed with so many things that I know I am losing and driving away my wife, family and friends.

I am SO desperate for peace and relief and forgiveness Jesus. I pray to You each night and day, yet I cannot forgive myself or find any solace. Worry is with me constantly. Lord, I am not only asking for your mercy and forgiveness, but I also continue to ask for You to help me trust, believe and understand. I am so afraid, the fears and worries and anxiety are just too much — my own hell here on earth. Jesus, I long so much for your words of comfort, for relief, for some type of peace and for strength.

I humbly ask for all of your prayers and support – it just seems too much for me. I pray for all who suffer like me, and for all the intentions on this forum. May God Bless,and thank you.

B
 
our God is a god oflove a god of forgiveness, remember no one deserves the gifts he provides, we dont earn them we are savesd by his grace, God has forgiven many men less deserving and has provided for them he will do so for yopu, do not doubt it and go confess to a priest and ask him to intercede and your sins will be forgiven by our lord

Dear God provide forgiveness to this man and provisde him the knowledge of your grace and forgiveness, allow him to realize your mercy and give him your peace always in Jesus name I pray amen
 
Thank you for all for your kindness and prayers. I know that sins are sins, and I trust from my heart that I am not going to selfishness and careless like this ever again. I cannot ever conceive of being so petty — but WHY cannot I accept HIs forgiveness, what is at work that keeps me from even trying to accept His great love and peace.

B
 
Praying for you to find peace.

Usually fear and anxiety stems from an event in life. Is there anything in life that you are anxious about? You said you are unable to forgive yourself. I sense that because of this, you won’t accept the forgiveness of Jesus… and thus you have anxieties everyday. I used to be like that, very hard on myself… I went and saw a counselor who helped me with my self esteem.

Where ever your life flows to, I pray that you find peace and love in the Lord and in yourself.

Warmest regards,
Ben
 
I am very sorry that my first post to this has to be such a downer, but I don’t know how else I can express my deep sorrow and dire state. For the past several weeks I have been in a state of fear, panic, sorrow, and intense sadness. My past sins and mistakes I cannot forgive or forget, and their weight on me is more and more unbearable. I have prayed and prayed over them asking the good Lord for His forgiveness and mercy – but I cannot shake my fears my fears and deep intense worries as these mound. Each day I dread the dawn after another restless and sleepless night because I am afraid that I will face more worries, more fears, more dread. I find it hard to rest, eat, enjoy anything or even function. I am blessed with so many things that I know I am losing and driving away my wife, family and friends.

I am SO desperate for peace and relief and forgiveness Jesus. I pray to You each night and day, yet I cannot forgive myself or find any solace. Worry is with me constantly. Lord, I am not only asking for your mercy and forgiveness, but I also continue to ask for You to help me trust, believe and understand. I am so afraid, the fears and worries and anxiety are just too much — my own hell here on earth. Jesus, I long so much for your words of comfort, for relief, for some type of peace and for strength.

I humbly ask for all of your prayers and support – it just seems too much for me. I pray for all who suffer like me, and for all the intentions on this forum. May God Bless,and thank you.

B
A good book to read is Divine Mercy In My Soul.

Here’s an excerpt:

Conversation of the Merciful God with a Sinful Soul

Jesus: Be not afraid of your Saviour, O sinful soul. I make the first move to come to you, for I know that by yourself you are unable to lift yourself to me. Child, do not run away from your Father; be willing to talk openly with your God of mercy who wants to speak words of pardon and lavish his graces on you. How dear your soul is to Me! I have inscribed your name upon My hand; you are engraved as a deep wound in My Heart.

Soul: Lord, I hear your voice calling me to turn back from the path of sin, but I have neither the strength nor the courage to do so.

Jesus: I am your strength, I will help you in the struggle.

Soul: Lord, I recognise Your holiness, and I fear You.

Jesus: My child, do you fear the God of mercy? My holiness does not prevent Me from being merciful. Behold, for you I have established a throne of mercy on earth - the tabernacle - and from this throne I desire to enter into your heart. I am not surrounded by a retinue or guards. You can come to me at any moment, at any time; I want to speak to you and desire to grant you grace.

Soul: Lord, I doubt that You will pardon my numerous sins; my misery fills me with fright.

Jesus: My mercy is greater than your sins and those of the entire world. Who can measure the extent of my goodness? For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to a cross; for you I let My Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. Your misery has disappeared in the depths of My mercy. Do not argue with Me about your wretchedness. You will give me pleasure if you hand over to me all your troubles and griefs. I shall heap upon you the treasures of My grace. …Child, speak no more of your misery; it is already forgotten. Listen, My child, to what I desire to tell you. Come close to My wounds and draw from the Fountain of Life whatever your heart desires. Drink copiously from the Fountain of life and you will not weary on your journey. Look at the splendours of My mercy and do not fear the enemies of your salvation. Glorify My mercy.
 
I am very sorry that my first post to this has to be such a downer, but I don’t know how else I can express my deep sorrow and dire state. For the past several weeks I have been in a state of fear, panic, sorrow, and intense sadness. My past sins and mistakes I cannot forgive or forget, and their weight on me is more and more unbearable. I have prayed and prayed over them asking the good Lord for His forgiveness and mercy – but I cannot shake my fears my fears and deep intense worries as these mound. Each day I dread the dawn after another restless and sleepless night because I am afraid that I will face more worries, more fears, more dread. I find it hard to rest, eat, enjoy anything or even function. I am blessed with so many things that I know I am losing and driving away my wife, family and friends.

I am SO desperate for peace and relief and forgiveness Jesus. I pray to You each night and day, yet I cannot forgive myself or find any solace. Worry is with me constantly. Lord, I am not only asking for your mercy and forgiveness, but I also continue to ask for You to help me trust, believe and understand. I am so afraid, the fears and worries and anxiety are just too much — my own hell here on earth. Jesus, I long so much for your words of comfort, for relief, for some type of peace and for strength.

I humbly ask for all of your prayers and support – it just seems too much for me. I pray for all who suffer like me, and for all the intentions on this forum. May God Bless,and thank you.

B
If you have received the Sacrament of Reconciliation, then the sins remain only in your memory. If you have not received the Sacrament, PLEASE consider going as the weight of sin will place a much heavier burden on your shoulders than Christ ever would. His yoke is easy and His burden light.

If you have received the Sacrament, please speak with your priest. This could be an unreasonable fear you have. It could also be a spiritual attack, as the evil one always seeks to cause doubt and fear within us. Know this: he is a liar and coward. He will flee at the mention of the Lord’s protective name.

Father of mercy and all consolation, please shed Your Heavenly protection upon the spirit of nebrb, guiding this precious soul toward the peace which has its source only in You. Graciously remove all fear, anxiety and loss of hope, replacing them with the courage of faith, Heavenly comfort and the assurance of Your eternal love. We ask that you join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for mercy and healing within the spirit of nebrb. Grant this, O loving God, through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!
 
B, may you find the peace of Christ, and His mercy. I recommend you read the Gospel of John to remind you of the power of the Good News. And also St. Faustina’s diary about our Lord’s Divine Mercy. I’ll be praying for you.
 
Lord, thank you for these kind souls who are praying for me and helping me. Just knowing that there are others who actually care about me is a tremendous feeling. Bless them all and all of their prayers.

Thank you community and good people of our world!

B
 
Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom Come. Thy will be one as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.:signofcross:
 
I am praying for you that you will be strengthened in your time of trouble
 
Lord, thank you for these kind souls who are praying for me and helping me. Just knowing that there are others who actually care about me is a tremendous feeling. Bless them all and all of their prayers.

Thank you community and good people of our world!

B
We have all sinned my brother and we will all continue to sin as long as we are of the flesh. I, too, have been troubled by what I have done. I, too, am troubled by things I might do. All I can do is ask for his forgiveness and I will get it. It’s that easy my friend. You are God’s child and he loves you very much and will forgive you of your sins.

If you had a child and it did something bad, wouldn’t you forgive that child? Of course you would. God will forgive his children too.

Brother your mind is getting in the way of your heart. Close your mind and open your heart to God. God will forgive you if you forgive yourself.

Let go and let God my friend.

Peace be with you.
 
And just a reminder about our Lord’s Divine Mercy:
I found this in my inbox this AM and I thought it was worth sharing. The “Vinny” is the author of several Catholic CDs and books.

Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subject: Passenger of Flight 1549

Vinny,

I sincerely hope this email finds its way to you. I was a passenger on flight 1549 and my name is Fred Berretta. You might have caught a glimpse of me or heard me on CNN or Fox the night of the crash. I interviewed with Lou Dobbs, Wolf Blitzer and Bill O’Reilly and discussed the crash that night.

I had been on a one day business trip to NY and sat in seat 16A just behind the left engine. My trip was a last minute decision the day before. I finished my meetings early on Thursday and realized I had time to attend the 12 noon mass at St. Patrick Cathedral. It was unusual for me to have the extra time, but that day I did. After Mass, I stopped by the gift shop just across from the cathedral and purchased your book, “7 Secrets of the Eucharist.” As I waited to board flight 1549 bound for Charlotte, where I live, I began reading your book. I continued reading while we taxied until just after take off.

I think I got through about half of it and then decided to close my eyes and reflect on the incredible insights your book gave me regarding the Eucharist. We were climbing out and just a minute or so into the flight I heard the impact of the bird strikes and then the explosion in the left engine. I could see it on fire and the cabin began to smell like jet fuel. As a private pilot, once I realized the second engine was also not functioning, things became quite tense.

While I had known about and prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet years before, I had not really focused on it in quite a long time. Ironically, I had prayed the chaplet the day before at 3 pm. I had forgotten that in my briefcase I had long kept a copy of a booklet of the Divine Mercy chaplet which had excerpts from St. Faustina’s diary. When I arrived in NY, I had some time at my hotel and decided to clean out my briefcase, something long overdue. I found the Divine Mercy booklet, prayed the chaplet, and read some of the words of Jesus to Faustina.

Before we hit the water, I thought about the words Jesus said, that nothing would be refused if asked for during the hour of mercy.* I really thought there was a good chance myself and others would die that day, but I asked God to be merciful to us, I prayed the Lord’ prayer and a Hail Mary. I then prayed to St. Michael, and we impacted the water. The odds were not with us that day, but God clearly was. I believe it is the only jet airliner to successfully ditch in the water without fatalities in the history of aviation.

I just want you to know that your book gave me comfort as we were going down, and for that I am grateful. I know a lot of people prayed on that plane, and I believe the Miracle on the Hudson was a testament to the mercy of God, and a sign of hope.

Take care and may God continue to bless your ministry and all you do to spread the message of Divine Mercy and the wonders of Holy Communion.

Best regards,

Fred Berretta

*Flight 1549 crashed into the Hudson River during the 3 o’clock hour (at about 3:30 pm), which Christ told St. Faustina is “the hour of great mercy.” It was during this hour that His heart was pierced by a lance, and blood and water gushed forth as a fountain of mercy for the world. “In this hour,” He told her, “I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion.” (Diary of Saint Faustina, #1182, 1320.)
  1. WHAT WAS FRED BERRETTA READING AND PRAYING?
    You can get a free CD containing the Divine Mercy Chaplet (and the Rosary), as well as free CDs of Vinny Flynn’s “Seven Secrets of the Eucharist” and “Healing and Holiness” from the Mary Foundation here:
secure.catholicity.com/cds/

You can order Vinny Flynn’s bestselling book (including a new audio book), “7 Secrets of the Eucharist,” from MercySong Ministries, here:

mercysong.bigcartel.com/category/7-secrets-of-the-
 
Our dear new friend, there is so much wisdom in these responses. As has been said, if you’ve honestly confessed your sins and resolve to do the best you can manage, with God’s help and with wisdom, to avoid, then you’re forgiven.

Jesus, I hope that after all these wise loving responses that Your child, is aware that it is Your love made present in the above posts. Jesus please help our friend to accept the peace of Your forgiveness, and to remember that little kindnesses to others are the healthy path for the forgiven heart. “Happy those who fear God by joyfully keeping His commandments.” [Psalm 112:1] “Cease to do evil. Learn to do good, search for justice, help the oppressed, be just to the orphan, and plead for the widow. [then]Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” [Isaiah 1:17-18] And Matthew 25, verses 31-46

“Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.” [Psalm 43:1]
“**I have dispelled your faults like a cloud
your sins like a mist
Come back to me, for I have redeemed you.” **[Isaiah 44:22]
“For I, … your God,
I am holding you by the right hand;
I tell you, do not be afraid, I will help you.
Do not be afraid…poor worm…
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer
.” [Isaiah 41:13-14]

“No need to recall the past,
no need to think about what was before.
See I am doing a new deed,
even now, it comes to light; can you not see it?
Yes, I am making a road in the wilderness,
paths in the wild.”
[Isaiah 43:18-19]

“Happy those whose crimes are forgiven, whose sins are blotted out; happy the man whom the Lord considers sinless.” [Psalm 31:1-2] For through Your Son, You have “cancelled every record of the debt that we had to pay; He has done away with it by nailing it to the cross.” [Colossians 2:14-15]“When we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, we were still enemies; now that we are reconciled, surely we may count on being saved by the life of His Son. Not merely because we have been reconciled but because we are filled with joyful trust in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ.” [Romans. 5:10-11]

Jesus grant you healing, peace, and happiness…Trishie 🙂
 
Once again, thank you to the good souls who have responded and prayed for me. I have a long ways to go, but do feel just a little better tonight. I will pray for your needs too. Lord Jesus, give me strength and courage to face my fears, help me to forgive myself and to do what You ask. Continued prayers are much, much appreciated.

Thank you!

B
 
It’s not much fun to battle with such issues.
Yes, you’ll remain in our prayers.
 
Jesus ask us to forgive 7 times 70. He knows what we, humans, are able to do. Think how many times Jesus, Our lord and God, can forgive to us.
You will be in my prayers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top