please pray for my marriage

  • Thread starter Thread starter kbarth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kbarth

Guest
Several months ago, I asked for prayers for my marriage. Your prayers helped. Thank you! My husband and I have 2 beautiful children, our son is 3 1/2 and our daughter is 1 1/2. My husband filed for a dissolution and 3 days before Christmas told me he does not want to divorce. What an awesome Christmas gift from God. We have a long way to go and he has not moved back in yet. Please pray for us, for him to return and live with us as a family, recommit and work on the issues that have threated our holy union. Thank you.
 
I am praying for God’s will to be done in this situation and that you may remain a family and grow happier and happier together with each passing year.

Amen
 
I remember and along with others have kept you in myprayers.
I thank God for your husband’s decision and pray that he will remain faithful to it and to you and the children.
Father, in Jesus’ name, please flood Your graces on this family and give them lifelong unity, love, and happiness. I ask this in Jesus’ name
 
I have always entrusted my marriage to Mary and St. Joseph and have found their protection to be unfailing. I place you also under their powerful protection. I recommend you to the Sacred Heart of our merciful Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Take courage and accept with joy the graces that God has given you!

Love and Blessings!
 
Today is the Feast of the Holy Family. May Jesus, Mary, and Joseph bless you.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

The son of the living God let himself become the son of a human family. Let us pray to him:
  • Lord, you are our example and our saviour.
Christ, you made yourself subject to Mary and Joseph:
teach us to respect and obey whoever holds rightful authority.
You loved your parents and they loved you:
may every family stand firm and peaceful in mutual love.
In all things you honoured your Father’s will:
may God be honoured in every home.
Christ, after two days your parents found you in your Father’s temple:
teach us to seek the kingdom of God before all else.
Christ, you have united Mary and Joseph in your glory in heaven:
welcome our dead into the family of the blessed.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

God, you chose to give us the Holy Family as an example to be followed:
grant that we may follow that example,
binding ourselves in virtue and mutual love,
so that we may come to your house at the last
and receive our eternal reward.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.
 
Praying for you, your husband and your family. May God Bless You!
 
Thank you so much for your prayers. It gives me great comfort knowing that our precious family has your support in this very rough time in our lives.

My husband is so undecided and hesitant, one day is certain and the next he is not. I fear someone or something may be guiding him differently and leading him astray. This person or whatever it is I cannot trust and does not have his best interest in their intentions. He misses his family so much. He has no other family. He wants to return, but something is holding him back. I pray for the the powers of God and Angels to help me fight whatever this is. I trust God in keeping our family whole and holy. I pray his for return promptly as his children and I need him.

Thank you again for your prayers.
 
Love, I doubt he is being guided by anyone, just fearful of whether making the right/wrong decision. If something is really difficult to decide and there are strong reasons why and why not, especially if I don’t want to hurt anyone, I can be a bit of a pendulum and drive myself a bit nuts…

He may just be scared. He wouldn’t want to put you and himself through the same issues and separation trauma again if he finds for whatever reason that he really doesn’t want to stay in the marriage. He just may have internal issues that make it too difficult to be confident enough about marriage.

We will just keep praying for you both. I know how awfully painful it can be in your situation. My husband had a stress breakdown from overwork and perfectionism and did the almost-divorce thing, but in his own time he resolved things. But I know how awful this waiting can feel for a spouse. God bless and comfort you.

A warm hug from a sister in Australia,
 
Saint Michael, please dispel all darkness that is keeping this family apart. Please protect each member from the power of sin and death. Lord, bring these family members to new life in their marriage as a community of faithful believers loving and sharing and caring for each other. Bless them with Your love, and may they turn wholeheartedly to your graces bestowed on them. In turning to You, may they turn back to each other, Your most special gift to them on earth. Bless this and all families, may they all be granted reconciliation, love, forgiveness and peace. Bless them with with marriages that last all the days of their life, and welcome them and all families into your Family in heaven.
 
Praying very hard for the both of you and a successful reuniting!
 
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top