Popularity Isn't Everything

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of it has to do with how questions are asked. For example when people are asked if they approve of the idea of OPTIONAL personal accounts within Social Security a majority say yes. But when asked if they like how Bush is “handling” Social Security they disapprove. I think a lot of it also has to do with some of the spin and advertising. The AARP for example has put out some ridiculously incorrect ads about SS and people tend to buy it. The irony on this particular issue is that when the Democrats wanted to reform SS, then it was a good idea but now that Bush wants to reform it , it’s a bad idea. Connect the dots.

As to Iraq, when was the last time we heard GOOD news. Every morning I brace for yet another bombing. Yet when we hear from people returning from Iraq we hear about the positive things that are being done. The MSM doesn’t seem to be interested in publicizing good news. Just bad news. You know if it bleeds it leads.
Lisa N
 
Hopefully, his numbers are down and will continue to fall, cause more and more people are realizing he is a terrible President. 😉
 
They deserve to be held in utter contempt. When you lie to the American people and deceive them for war, good luck getting their approval back. I mean, think about it. One of the questions asked in some polls is whether people think they were misled. Roughly 50% say “yes” and it took a while for that number to build. Which of those people who feel they were misled will ever turn around and give approval?

I’m sure that people would return their support to the government in light of a great catastrophe. Oh wait…
 
40.png
Sirach14:
I R A Q
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top