POW Blasts Durbin

  • Thread starter Thread starter swampfox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swampfox

Guest
POW Blasts Durbin
lt-smash.us/
THE FOLLOWING LETTER was sent from retired Navy Commander Paul Galanti to Senator Dick Durbin.
Senator Durbin,

As one who was held in a North Vietnamese Prison for nearly seven years and whose definition of torture and bad treatment is somewhat at variance with yours, I deplore your senseless comments about alleged “barbaric treatment” at our terrorist detention facility at Guantanamo.

Your remarks comparing Guantanamo to the regimes of Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot are outrageous. I tried to think of why a rational human being could make such an outlandish statement but I keep coming up short. I thought I’d seen it all when Howard Dean performed his infamous scream in Iowa but your diatribe yesterday eclipsed Dean’s moment of Hannibal Lecter lunacy. And your moment of pique will be infinitely more damaging to members of our Armed Forces serving in harm’s way.

I noted, when searching for your contact information, that the first item Google came up with was al Jazeera’s joy at your comments. You, sir, for having aided and abetted the enemy in time of war, have been relegated in my mind to the status of Jane Fonda and your colleague, John Kerry as contemptible traitors.

I hope not too many of our valiant members of the Armed Forces have to suffer for your stupid comments. Shame on you.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Galanti
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
 
40.png
swampfox:
Shame on you.
Bears repeating.
 
The party is seeing how far it can go. Senator Durbin’s comments were not spontaneous. If Durbin is not called to account, if the public accepts this, we will see much worse.
 
Defiant Durbin: No Apology Necessary

Hours after Sen. Dick Durbin issued his so-called “apology” for comparing U.S. troops to “Nazis,” the Illinois Democrat turned defiant over the blunder - declaring flat out that he has nothing whatsoever to apologize for.

“It’s not that my remarks were wrong or that there’s any need for apology,” Durbin told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Friday. “It’s the fact that [my critics] have successfully twisted them out of context.”

Durbin blamed conservatives for his troubles, saying that he refused to be “intimidated by the right-wing message machine.”

“If I’m going to back off every time they decide they’re unhappy with my statements, then I really won’t be doing my job.”

Durbin vowed to pursue his investigation into Nazi-like abuses perpetrated by U.S. troops, telling the paper: “We’re going to continue to follow this (and) demand that the administration be held accountable.”

The comments were a far cry from the No. 2 Senate Democrat’s contrite-sounding press release issued earlier in the day. “I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood,” Durbin explained. “I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: Our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”
newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/6/19/162209.shtml
 
It appears that jimmy carter and bill clinton have called for closing gitmo too, so it appears durbin’s rants are part of some democrat party not so grand design.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top